Their Date

As soon as Rachel hung up the phone, She called Monica

"Monica" she said, as soon as the phone was picked up "Mon, I need some advice or something"

"Hey Rachel" said Monica "What do you need advice about?"

Monica knew very well what she was most probably going to ask her..

"Well, Ross called me today" said Rachel

"And.." Said Monica "What did you talk about?"

"He talked more then me" said Rachel "He told me how sorry he was, how he wants to make it up to me, how I am the only woman for him, blah, blah, blah"

"Blah, Blah..." said Monica, confused "We're talking about getting your marriage back on track and you're saying blah, blah, blah?"

"Do I want to get my marriage back on track though?" said Rachel "Right now, I'm not so sure"

"Rachel, think clearly" said Monica

"I am thinking clearly Monica" said Rachel "We are talking about the man who has been unfaithful to me TWICE, that is 2 times in our relationship history, How can I be so sure that it won't happen again, that he won't get drunk and let his penis do the thinking for him?"

"It's a matter of you figuring out if you can build up the trust again Rachel" said Monica "Can you see yourself and Ross, moving on from this, working it out and being a family again?"

"I don't know" said Rachel "I honestly don't know"

"I'm sorry but that's all I can say," said Monica "You need to figure out the issues that will stop you from accepting his apology and moving on"

"I know," said Rachel "But anyway, Can you do me a favour tonight?"

"Yeah sure" said Monica

"Can you mind Emma and Joshua for me?" said Rachel "I've got a date"

"A DATE?" exploded Monica "Are you out of your mind, that is so inappropriate.."

"Calm down Monica" said Rachel "A date with your brother"

"Oh god" said Monica "Thank heavens for that. He asked you to go to dinner then?"

"Yes," said Rachel "And I don't know if saying yes was the right thing to do"

"Why not?" asked Monica "This can be step number 1, take it one day at a time, nice and slow"

"Monica, you sound like a counsellor," said Rachel

Monica thought about it for a second "Maybe I should have been a counsellor instead of a chef"

"Sure, You are GREAT to talk too" said Rachel "So I'm going to see him tonight, would you be able to watch the kids for me?"

"Of course" said Monica "Do you want me to have them for the night?"

"No, just the evening" said Rachel

"Ok" said Monica "What are you going to talk about tonight?"

"I don't know" said Rachel "I'm really nervous, because I know that I'm going to be feeling really uncomfortable around him"

"He's your husband Rachel, someone you've been around for like 15 years. Why would you be uncomfortable?" asked Monica

"Because, every time I look at him, all I will be able to see is him with this other woman" said Rachel "And it creeps me out, it makes me feel sick inside when I think about it"

"Don't focus on that, focus on Ross and only Ross" said Monica "Picture yourself with him, doing things, that'd be better wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, until that bitches face pops up in between us and starts kissing my husband" said Rachel "God, it absolutely kills me.."