plus one.

Due to a reader/s commenting and asking for a bit of continuation, here it is.

------
Feng Jianyu.

Exactly one year had passed and a lot had changed for me. I looked better for one, receiving a couple of flirtatious smiles and invitations from both men and women. It would be a lie if I told myself not to feel happy about it.

Despite the amount of attention I was receiving, my thoughts would still be about him. Call it stupidity or whatever, I call it love.

I repeatedly looked at the calendar making sure that I was looking at the right date. Satisfied that I did noy ake a mistake, I couldn't help but get excited and frightened at the same time. The words I said on the day of his enlistment, I still remember it clearly.

"When you come back, I'll tell you something."

Why the hell did I say that?! Even now, I still don't think I can say those words. It still sounds cheesy in my mind.

Ahhh!

I squatted beside my bed as I remembered and covered my head in embarrassment. I was alone in my bedroom but I wanted to hide or bury myself. Given how easily I change my mind, I don't think I can say those words easily.

I couldn't sleep. Different scenarios ran through my head about how we would meet again after so long. For sure he looked different now. My dad had told me military training would change people, even the most rebellious ones like him.

My eyes refused to close and my body was filled with energy throughout the night as if I haven't spent rest of the day awake. Too much adrenaline was running through my system and nothing I do could make me fall asleep. And so, I just lay there on my bed awake and irritated.

Morning came but it felt like forever. I really can't wait to see Qing again. He's my best friend. Maybe more than that when he left. I just really want to see his face.

A grin was on my face when I came down from my room all washed and dressed to pick up Qing from the training camp. I was headed straight to the Wangs when my mother told me that Qing's release was postponed.

All the excitement and nervousness was replaced by anger.

One whole fucking year! I wanted to scream out. It was the longest time that we separated.

Fuck the military!

My face looked like it was about to burst that my parents almost panicked that I would burst a vein or an artery, whatever you call it. They knew my attachment to my best friend and had seen how sad I was when he first started his training.

But no matter how sad or angry I became, Qing would not come home today.

Just like that, all the energy stored in my body disappeared. I was tired with my body begging sleep. My eyes sting from disappointment, hating that I had to wait some more. I hate it. I hate it. Yet, I had no choice.

I slept through the rest of the day and woke up with a frown on my face. His parents told me through my parents that my best friend's service got extended to a month. Hearing that almost had me bawling my eyes out.

Perfect. I thought with sarcasm.

If I could sleep through the whole month, I would have done so. My parents though... they would kick my ass for acting like a child so I had to endure.

I endured for a week.

I will not cry.

I will not cry.