PART TWO

Friday, August 25

1:22 am

Sacramento, California 

"C'mon," the caramel skinned girl husked. "The police will be here soon. Don't make me carry you out."

Both confused and reluctant, Normani shook her head quickly, not wanting to go anywhere with this strange girl.

The blonde sighed, reaching down to grasp Normani's other wrist. The brunette forcefully pulled her hands away and scrambled backwards. By now, police sirens could be heard in the distance.

The blonde chuckled. "If you'd like to go to jail for theft, you can stay here. But we both know, the better choice would be to follow me."

Normani stared at the girl's intimidating brown eyes, swallowing harshly. "I don't know you."

"I'm Dinah Jane. I'm an infamous criminal and I'm here to save you from the police. Now get up and follow me. I wasn't kidding about carrying you." The blonde stated when Normani eyes her carefully.

The sirens were louder now. Against her better judgment, Normani stands. Dinah allows the girl to take her arm, and starts a quick pace towards the back of the bank.

Noting Normani's confused expression, Dinah explains. "There's an secret room in the vault. We can get out through a vent in the back. Unless, of course, you'd like to risk running out the front."

Shaking her head, Normani lets Dinah lead her to the vault. She watches Dinah mess around with the vault opening before she opens it and they step inside. Closing it behind her, Dinah pushes Normani forward.

"Get what you need... or what you want rather." Normani knows the blonde is referring to the money, but she doesn't move. Instead she studies the vault.

There seemed to be a large amount of money in the decent sized vault, $100,000,000 at most.. Her eyes landed on a particular line of bolts in the back of the vault. They were darker than the rest and seemed... fake.

"That's the door." Dinah perked up, Normani noticing the girl mindlessly stuff in money in her bag. She reluctantly picked up a thick stack and put it in her back pocket, knowing she would regret it sometime.

Suddenly, her arm was yanked forward and Dinah was pulling her toward the fake bolts. Dinah reached up and flattened her fingers against the bolts, finding that it was only a long piece of tape made to look like bolts. She peeled it away and revealed the crack of a door.

The door to the bank could be heard opening now, as police men barreled in. Dinah stuck her fingers through the crease and pulled, groaning slightly as she pulled it open. Normani helped her halfway, stepping through as soon as there was enough space.Dinah did the same.

Normani's eyes immediately landed on the vent, ignoring everything else in the room. She stumbled toward it, tugging at the vent door, meanwhile, Dinah had dropped to her knees as well and was digging through her bag.

"Ha!" Dinah yelled out in triumph. She held out a screwdriver, using the top to pluck the bolts of the vent. Normani pulled it out of place and let Dinah push the bag through first, before Normani went in, followed by Dinah. She tugged the vent back behind her.

"Keep straight the entire time." The blonde instructed. Behind them, they could here the police struggling to open the door to the secret room.

Normani could see the other vent now, and made an effort to crawl faster. She moved the bag under her and rammed her shoulder into the vent harshly, sighing when it opened without a fight. She tumbled out and gathered herself, dusting off the jacket Arin gave her.