Under the Moonlight

Having descended from the moon all I sought for was to find my husband Hou Yi on the Earth.

Nevertheless,the road to our reunion was long ahead and within all my loneliness , anxiety and sadness I wanted to dance for once as to reflect my loss.

That's when our fate's intertwined.

~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~~·~·~·~

One night I saw a cavern blocked by a huge stone around it were many people.They all gathered for a purpose.The light was gone and their hope was lying within the dark cavern walls.So as to reach to her they held a festival.

When the sound reached her she creeped out of the cavern.

Not wasting a moment , she was  grabbed  from either side and pulled free of the cave.

Atop a wide tub danced Usume, Goddess of Mirth, creating the erratic drumming to the joy of all.The Goddess smiled and light came back to the world.

As the festival continued I couldn't hold back my yearning for a dance.

As I was searching for a spot where I could release my energy I spotted a man playing guitar.
His music and his appearance were particularly different.

I felt something in common.It was as if both of us were in the wrong place in the wrong time however,we enjoyed what little freedom was given to us.

Then our eyes met.

"Mi Amor,have I caught your interest?" he said.

He had an accent which wasn't from this area.This made my suspicion begin to arise.

"Yes you did.You stand out with your music." I smiled.

"Oh you like my guitar?I wonder if you would also like a dance with me." he held his hand out.

"Very well.Just so you know I am one of the finest dancers,It could be a challenge to keep up with my moves."

"A challenge that's something I like to take on."

And so we started our dance.It was fascinating how each step of ours was in such a harmony.

Our dance switched whenever the music changed.We didn't leave each other's body unoccupied for even a second.
Yes,we were dancing together but it was more like we were dancing against each other.

Certainly it was the fight I had most enjoyed.

The music gradually came to an halt notifying us the end of the festival.

When he let go of me I felt like a half of me was torn apart.

"It was nice dancing with you, Luna." he whispered kissing my hand.

I noticed we were all alone under the moonlight.

"Who is it that gave me the honor of such an magnificent dance?" I asked.

"They call me Grim Mariachi." he said.

"You are not from around here aren't you?"

"Nor are you princess." he looked at the moon."But I am glad I found you here." he murmured.

"I am no princess just a mere girl who is lost." I said using his medicine of disguise.

"I can offer you a safe place for the night."

Maybe I acted a bit reckless that day thinking what harm could he do to me when I am a Goddess holding strong power.

Thus I accepted his offer and he guided me to a ware house which was located in the woods.
A small river was close by the small house.