Welcome

Hello little one. Welcome to the world! You live on Earth, and this is your home. Let me introduce you. This planet is filled with beauty. It's all yours to take on! Most of the world is covered in enchanting blue waters, and the rest is blanketed with embracing green grasses. Though those same waters can twist and throw your body around like a dog with a toy. The grasses can grow taller than you and be filled with terrifying dangers. There are days here that are frigid with ice that can travel into your bloodstream and freeze your heart. But there are also days when you step outside, and the warmth of the sun kisses you from your head to your toes. There are people here who have already fallen in love with you, and will continue to love you unconditionally for your whole life. I am here to be honest with you, and there will be people who will tell you things that will slice into you. This has happened to some and they have bled out. If you come across these people, refer back to those who love you because they will be the bandaid that heals your cuts. The cuts will grow scar tissue, and they will be a reminder to you, to be a better person than they were. The darkness in this world can blind you until you can no longer see right from wrong. The greed in this world can manipulate you into someone you can no longer recognize. The pain in this world is so great that it can break you down, and turn your heart smaller and smaller. The loss that comes when a loved one leaves us, can stop this world from turning and leave you spinning for years. Now this might make you want to crawl back into the safety of the unknown, but what this planet can bring you outweighs these cons.

While these things are very real, there is love that can make you feel four shots of whiskey drunk, and open your heart to belonging. Happiness can fuel your body and encourage you to overcome any obstacle put in front of you. The light in this world can guide you into being courageous and combating that darkness. Philanthropy can enlighten you to change the lives of others, while maturing you into a beautiful person. The feeling of accomplishment can give you confidence and make you unafraid of the terrors behind the corner.

Little one, opportunities are closer than you think. You can't hold back because this world is spinning faster than you think and it doesn't stop for anyone. Embrace the bad, but don't let it into your heart. Those dark days will come, but you have to be stronger. Fight as hard as you can everyday. Be good. Change the world.