H.E.R

Click clack click clack.

The sound of her pressing the blue pen with her thumb, reading the agreement she's about to sign.

"Francis, can we do this next week. I'm tired already, I can't afford to sign this without reading" she pleaded.

"We're divorcing already. You just need to sign that and we'll be through completely" her husband, wait no, ex-husband-to-be, Francis said.

"But I still want to read all the terms stated. I can't just sign things I didn't read" she's tired.

Very very tired. She was busy crying last night that she woke up late and ran to the office only to be greeted by her boss. Her perverted boss. She was 10 minutes late because her heels broke along the wet pavement. Her clothes drenched in rain. It was not a good morning.

It was also not a good afternoon. She was scolded by a fussy and picky customer, the whole office was looking at her in disbelief. She felt so small and humiliated. She came home coughing for she caught a cold. Bags packed outside her apartment. It's Francis's. she sighed. She thought she could relax but now she's dealing with one paper that'll change her life completely. She will not have any one to reply to, no sleeping partner at night, no one to have breakfast with, no one to talk to when she's home. 8 years of marriage went waste just like that.

"you know, you're very rigid. That's one of the reasons I'm leaving you" Francis said. She knew she was rigid. Goody two shoes, she had no words to say. Usually, she would have replied instantly with that vicious mouth of hers. But today, she's just tired.

"I'm going to bed," she said. "and I see you're moving out already. Take all your belonging to your mistress. Take this paper back at 9 tomorrow" then she went to their room, now, her room. Taking off her clothes, invading the shower, she twists the tap, the cold water pressing her skin. She likes the shower. She loves the shower thought. It's where she planned all her activities for today, where she planned the time for herself and her husband.

8.00 – breakfast

At 8.20 – walk to the office

8.30 – arrived

10.15 – make and drink coffee

12.50 – walk to Der'lon

12.53 – Order Chicken Panini

1.00 – lunch at Der'lon with Francis

And of course, she will have to cross something now that they're separating. All the fights they had, she has had enough. She's rigid. For the eighty-ninth today, she told herself, she's rigid and it's okay. Somehow, it's not okay. She's sobbing under the shower. It's either her tears or the droplets, she didn't even know. Her skin's red from the hot water. She turned it off. It feels like several minutes till she let go of the tap.

She took the towel, went out of the shower and slam herself onto the mattress. She caught a cold and the aircon she forgets to turn off in the morning is not helping. Her hot body from the hot shower is turning cold. She threw herself on the bed. She's crying, hugging herself. No one comforting her. She's alone. She finally gave in to the thought of no one really did like her. She fell asleep crying and unloved.