Tony Stark {1} {Proposal Series}

"Coffee?" Tony asked as he made his way to the coffee maker.

"Please." You said as you took off your glasses and rubbed your tired eyes.

"Here you go." Tony presented the chip mug filled with caffeine heaven to you.

"Black?" Not grabbing the cup quite yet.

He nodded his head yes.
"Two scoops of sugar. Just the way you like it."

"Thank you." You said gratefully before taking the cup from him.
As you did so his fingers brushed against yours. A shiver went up your back and down to core.

And that's what started it all. A simple brush of his finger tips against the back of your hand to realize that you were madly in love with Tony Stark.
-----
You were an intern for Stark Industries when you first met Tony Stark. You have been there for a few months when he decided to visit the university lab that you worked at that he helped fund.

You did your best not to fan girl on him, but you had admire his work as a scientist, philanthropist, and a super hero for some time now. It was hard not to stutter and blush like mad when he came up to you and asked what you were working on.

He chuckled as you cleaned the fog off your glasses with the lab coat that you had on as you explained your work to him.
He expressed his interest and asked if he could work along side you. Without any hesitation, you of course agreed.

As the two of you worked, he would shamelessly flirt with you. However, you never took it seriously. You knew of his playboy reputation before his relationship with Pepper Potts. You assumed it was the reason why the two were no longer together.

For months the two of you worked alone. Slowly, he would open up to you and you would open up to him. You found out that it wasn't his playboy ways that ended his and Pepper relationship. And he grew to know more your personal life and dreams. He was slowly becoming one of your best friends until that one simple moment when you realized you were in love with him.

What you didn't know was that he was madly in love with you too.

He fell in love with your beauty from the moment he laid eyes on you, and found in love with your mind soon after that. However, besides his flirting, he never tried to take it any further.

But it was hard to ignore the way you made him feel.
You made him feel like a human again. Like a normal person. When he was with you he wasn't Iron Man, he wasn't Howard Stark's prodigy son. He was him. He was simply Tony Stark. You made him feel special. You made him feel alive... and he hasn't felt that way in a very long time. He didn't think he could feel this way again since he left Pepper.

However, despite all this he decided it was best not to drag you into his crazy life.
Rhodey was still in recovery from his accident in Germany. His friends were still in hiding, thanks to him, and General Ross was constantly breathing down his neck.

You were a beautiful and intelligent women with your whole life ahead of you. With the exception of work, you had no business with him.
Not to mention you were almost 15 years his senior.

One day, you guys were working for almost 6 hours straight. Both of your brains were fried from the reading, and the calculations, and the researching. You took off your lab coat and threw it over your desk chair in frustration.

Tony could hardly take the sight of you as you planted yourself in your chair. Your hair was array as if you had just finished a brisk round of sex. The sleeve of your tank top lazily laid off your shoulder exposing more skin than Tony could tolerate. He was fighting the urge to stride right up to you and trail love bites up and down your petite neck.