When Griffon Met Gryphon

Griffon smiled wickedly at Gryphon. "So young man, what brings you here?" Gryphon looked up into the eagle gaze of the griffin standing above him.

"Fortune and adventure, what else would bring the likes of me to the far reaches of the Paimpont forest?"

"Ah! Honesty! How refreshing! I am guessing that you are thinking that this fortune, adventure and possibly fame is going to come your way in the form of my head in a town square?"

Gryphon looked a little perplexed at the jovial tone of the beast in front of him, as well as the intelligence displayed. This griffin was smarter than it looked. "Why yes as it happens..." He replied,

Griffon chuckled and raised a feathered brow, "How simple of you, there are better ways easier ways to get a fortune and adventure! There lies an adventure around every corner, now fame, fame is hard to get and if you were to not chop my head off maybe I can give you fame."

Smelling a trick Gryphon paused and but he just couldn't see it. "Tell me how to gain a fortune as well as fame and I will let you go." He said hoping for a good deal.

With a glint in his eye, Griffon leaned in close and imparted a wisdom to the young hero. Apparently, fortune and fame come in the form of a dragons head. Off he went, to battle Soom, sadly neither won; both being the end of the other. However, Griffon did gain a new hoard, all shiny and newly freed and as word spread of how he tricked a hero into battling a hated foe he knew that he had been right. Fortune and fame did indeed come in the form of a dragons head.

THE END