Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Coming mama' Judith" I hissed at the word mama I was forced to say by the orders of my father. I quickly stood up from my comfortable position near the river and placed my arms behind my back, preparing for my aunts arrival.

"You stupid indolent girl there you are, I been out looking for ya' since dawn" My aunt comes storming through the bushes with a look that can kill. As she begins to walk closer I can see she was holding a sand color type of cloth in her left hand.

"Who the hell do ya fink' ya are? Hiding from all the chores back at home, huh? Go on answer me fool" Aunt Judith says standing a foot from me with pure hatred in her faded grey eyes. She begins to fold her flabby arms over her chest.

"Am sorry auntie Judith, I had just woken up and decided to take a stroll along the river, I'm quit fond of the cool breeze in the morning" I say with a warm smile, hoping she well take my apology and smile.

"Stop talking girl ya' sound like a dead beat poet, the gods only know how many we have of them useless slackers lying around" aunt Judith says rolling her eyes.

"Your wrong auntie, Poetry is beautiful and so is the poet for writing such beauty" I say whispering each word hoping he won't take in count my disagreement with her.

"Did...did ya' just talk back to me?" She asked with a think black eyebrow up, a wrinkled nose and creased lips. I was almost scared of what would happen next, Aunt Judith is known for being short tempered and violent.

"I'm very sorr..." I was cut short by an image of an old female's hand coming towards me, before I know it a big slap to my face came down hard. The left side of my face stinging but yet not as harsh as the sound made as the hand connected with my cheek.

"You do not talk back to your elder's young girl, respect." Auntie said pointing her fat index finger at me. I placed my left palm over my stinging red cheek and held back the tears that where threatening to come out. My hurt suddenly turned to anger, Why was I the only one out of Zikeo's eleven children to be punished for a miner mistake. I know I shouldn't have disagreed with her, but why was she always harsh with just me? But of course it was always the same thing, because am the only girl in my fathers herd of male offspring.

"So you're calling yourself old?" I spit out not caring if I had another slap heading my way. I was tired of her, every thing she did and said to me hurt. I never once saw her shout at any one of my ten brothers, only me.

"Dear gods in haven I beg of you to help me deal with this foolish child, why héo was not born a male" she said raising her arms to the sunny day. I rolled my eyes at her useless prayer.

I began to walk around her, leaving from her ignorant self when I felt sharp nails on my left arms.

"Ouch" I flinch away from her.

"Don't ya' dare walk away from me when am specking" Said the old bat with invisible wings. I bit my tough from speaking my mind and giving her a little taste of what I was thinking.

"Make yourself useful and go help Rachelle make Merahrah, your father well have company tonight" She said handing me the sandy cloth. I opened the folded cloth and saw it was one of the aprons from the kitchen.

"What? What are ya' waiting for an invitation from the king himself?" Aunt Judith said raising one hand in the air while resting the other one on her lap.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at her. "Gosh you can be annoying" I whispered under my breath, low enough I know she couldn't hear me.

                                           *******************************