1 | Stitching

"Hang in zere, Jack!" Doctor Schneeplestein shouted, his voice trembling with both fear and exhaustion, "I vill not lose you, not again!"

Jack was asleep in the hospital's emergency room, as Dr Schneeplestein was attempting to stitch up his neck and get rid of Antisepticeye.

Nobody really understood how and why Antisepticeye did what he did, not even Dr Schneeplestein could wrap his head around it, despite being one of the best doctors in Europe. All he really could do, was stitch up the wound in Jack's neck and hope for the best.

Despite his ironic name, Antisepticeye was like a virus. No amount of medication could make him go away, they would simply slow him down in the process of taking Jack over, only to become resistant against the used medication later on. Nothing helped and the emergency surgery was the last straw.

A few weeks prior to this surgery, Anti had attacked Jack again. He had poisoned Jack during his appearance around Halloween in the previous year, using a special type of virus: One that needed several months to spread before it would become lethal.

By taking over Dr Schneeplestein during the first surgery, several months ago, he had managed to nearly kill Jack. Dr Schneeplestein couldn't save him, as Anti had taken control of him mid-surgery, and Anti had almost taken over both him and Jack, but Jack, somehow, had resisted and survived as he was rushed from the surgery room to the intensive-care department of the hospital. He woke up shortly after and turned out to be mostly fine back then.

He was, however, left with an inexplicable deep wound in his neck and Anti would, every now and then, show himself through Jack. Although he did not have enough power to fully take control over his body, he succeeded in causing extreme anxiety and stress in Jack. Just knowing Anti was still around freaked him out more than anything.

The surgery room was filled with the sound of buzzing lamps and beeping monitors, but also with the heavy and exhausted breaths of Dr Schneeplestein as he finished stitching and cut the final piece of thread.

"You vill be alright," he panted, wiping the sweat off his forehead with his forearm, "Anti has lost."

---

Laughing, Antisepticeye let his index finger slide across his knife's blade. Doctor Schneeplestein had finally managed to get him out of the Overworld, despite his failed first surgery to save Jack. But that did not mean he was defeated. He was determined to end the real Jack, once and for all - and this time, he would not fail.

[ANTI'S P.O.V.]

The void I was walking in, seemed nothing but endless. It truly was nothing. Only emptiness. No light. No other people. No other living creatures, but me. It was just me and my thoughts. And my old knife, although the blade had become dull and rusty over the months. Only my footsteps hollowed through whatever this void was made of, whereas my screams and shouts went unheard, regardless of how loud I tried to be.

That damned doctor Sheeple, or whatever his name might have been, had managed to get me out of my physical form and my host - Seán W. McLoughlin. A man who, in my eyes, did not deserve to be alive for any longer.

He was so weak, but was always rescued by someone, one way or another, every single time, constantly asking his friends for help - and actually receiving it. It was annoying, more than it was exhausting.

Try being on your own for years, until some idiot decides to make up fun stories about your existence for the amusement of his friends, only to have him crap his pants after finding out you actually do exist. Sounds great, does it not?

And when you finally decide to get some action in there, everyone starts cheering for you like you're an angsty pre-pubescent boy singing on stage for the first time because his parents are convinced he can sing while he can barely sing Happy Birthday in tune.

I am not a form of amusement. Jack fears me, yet refuses to admit it. He jokes about me like he can control me, as if I'm just a puppet he created for amusement, while, in fact, I am the one who is in control here.

I am here to rule, not to amuse.

Sheeple had stitched up the wound in Jack's neck and, with that, destroyed my only way to interact with entities in the Overworld and thus landed me in this place everyone kept calling "the Void".

With "everyone", I am referring to myself.

Although the darkness and silence soothed me in a way, this place had been what I called my home after all, I needed to get out. Jack needed to die. I didn't care how, but he had to. As soon as possible.

I needed to find a way to get out of this godforsaken void.

•••

Hey! How are you enjoying the story so far? I must admit I'm having an awful lot of fun writing this, Anti is a really interesting character.

See you in the next Author's Note! Remember to stay hydrated!