Chapter 7 | Fate, a Traitor, and the New Kid

“Oh there you are T’Keyah.” Kiara said, “What are you doing with…them?”

“Obviously she’s taking out the garbage,” Charyssa and Brandi giggled. Tricks.

I looked at Keke, expecting her to say something if our friendship meant anything to her. I raised my brow, surprised when she said nothing. Nada. Zip. She looked away.

Clearing her throat, T’Keyah spoke up, but she didn’t say what Re’nee or I thought. “They practically kidnapped me or something.” She laughed, tossing her hair over her shoulder and walking over to the LMAO girls. That traitor!

“What’s wrong Evie?” Kiara cocked her head, blinking. “Cat got your tongue?” They all laughed, waved flirtatiously at the boys, and left.

Jacob looked around at everyone, “What….just happened?”

****************

A WEEK LATER, I walked into English class after getting over a brief cold. I asked my teacher before the bell rung, “Did I miss anything?”

“Everything. Contained in this classroom is a microcosm of human experience assembled for you to query and ponder,” he began as the bell rung and as he confused me, “This is not the only place such an opportunity has been gathered. But it was one place. And you weren’t there.” Looking at my blank stare, he smiled then turned to his students, “Tom Wayman. That was a quick introduction to our poetry unit.” He turned back to me and added, “You did not miss much; just some notes you can get from one of your peers. Please take a seat.”

Alrighty then… I walked down the aisle and plopped down into the chair.

A few groaned in response to what Mr. Styles said, some were excited, and other students simply did not care. Me? Well I didn’t know what to think… Sure, I love to write but poetry isn’t my expertise.

Chresanto rolled his eyes and leaned over the small space between our desks and whispered, “Did you hear?” I shook my head ‘no’ in response.

“A new kid is suppose to come today!”

“Girl or a boy?”

Chresanto shrugged, “Who knows…”

I love new kids! They haven’t been infected by our school system yet and something new is just always nice.

The door slowly opened as Mr. Syles wrote on the board, and everyone turned their attention toward it.

It was a guy.

A new guy.

A CUTE guy.

“Uh oh… I know that look Eve,” Chresanto shook his head in amusement.

“What look?”

“You’re already-falling-too-hard-for-a-guy look.”

I rolled my eyes and shushed him in response. I mean…is it a crime to think a guy is cute? No, I don’t think so.

The new guy looked at his schedule then at Mr. Styles. “Is this English II?”

“Yes! Welcome, Gerald. You can sit right back there with Evelyne; she’ll be showing you around today.” He pointed to me. It took all of my strength to not let my jaw drop and to release a gasp. Lord, have mercy.

Chresanto wiggled his eyebrows at me, “Get someee!”

Gerald sat in an empty seat to the right of me and smiled, surprisingly not in a shy manner. “Hey. I’m Gerald.”

“Hey.. I’m Evelyne but I liked to be called Evie,” I gave him a small smile in return.

“Alright… Evie. That’s really crazy… Evelyne is my grandmother’s name though!”

We already have a connection. OMG IT’S FATE!

“Oh, that’s cool.” Yeah, that’s right self. Stay calm and collected.

But of course, being me, my coolness didn’t last very long. My whole binder knocked on the floor, receiving a few snickers from the class, and Chresanto picked it up.

“Yo, I’m Chresanto or Roc on the football field.” He saluted Gerald.

“Wait…” Gerald tapped his chin, “You’re the head quarter back right? My old team went against you guys in championships!”

Mr. Leonard looked over at us, “You can be acquainted after class.”

***********

WHEN THE BELL RANG, Craig and Re’nee met up with me for Honors Geometry.

“Hey Eve. Who’s this?”

“Craig this is the new kid Gerald; Gerald this is Craig. I’m showing him around today.”

CJ gave him dap, “Yo. What’s up?”

“Hey.” Gerald smiled. His smile is so beautiful and…snap out of it Evie!

“You have all my classes, right Gerald?”

“Yup. That’s why you’re my guide I guess.”

Craig threw his arm over my shoulder, “Aight. Leggo!”

In class, Craig took his seat closer to the door while I sat near the window with Gerald behind me.

Mrs. Polanski began to write our notes on the board as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Gerald’s breath tickled my ear as he leaned closer and whispered, “Are you going out with Craig?”

I almost choked out a lung. Why would he think that?!

Mrs. Polanski turned around, “Are you okay Evie?”

“Yes... Sorry.”

She turned around.

I leaned back and whispered, “No. I’m single.” Then I returned to writing down the notes, but plenty of questions were running through my mind like a marathon. Why does he care? Is he interested? Is it the fact that I woke up early and put effort into my appearance? Or are my boobs showing in this shirt?

I looked down.

Okay, nope they aren’t showing.

Should I make them show? ;)

Okay, stop being a slut.

 _______________________________________________________________

Lol, sooooo... Haven't uploaded this in a while >.< But I got some inspiration in study hall, wrote some in my notebook, some in the school library during school, and bow chicka wow wow. Here it is. 
What do you think?

Is Evie falling too hard?

Was T'Keyah wrong for what she did? Or do you see her POV?

Hit me up and tell me what you think! :D Peace, Love, & Mindless Behavior <3
Wait.... I didn't read over it... Being unprofessional today lol.