Chapter One

{^Jamie Hadrian Potter^}

*Jamie(Snuffles)Potter*

One month later...

  "Mum, I'm flooing to Padfoot and Moony's," I yelled running to the floo that is in the library and not waiting for her reply, a second later I landed on the ground with a sore back.

  "Hello cub," Uncle Moony said and I smiled jumping up and dusting the soot off me.

  "Is Uncle Padfoot here?" I asked and I was pulled into a hug.

  "Right here cub," Padfoot said and I smiled as he walked over and kissed Moony before they sat on the couch and I took the reading chair. "What did you need?"

  "Do I have a brother?" I blurted out watching their expression got from shock to anger then to sadness. "Moony? Padfoot?"

  "Yes you do have a brother," Remus sighed and Siri waved his hand and a box appeared on the coffee table. "Mind you cub you and your brother are loved but for some reason, your parents thought it would be better for your brother to grow up not knowing about magic."

  "But why?" I whispered standing up and moving so I was sitting between them.

  "After the attack on Godric's Hollow when you and your brother were looked over he was proclaimed as a squib, at that time none of us knew what to do with that information because we were more worried about making sure the both of you were healed and okay after your bedroom collapsed around the two of you. Your parents wanted to spend some time alone with you and your brother so they left to stay at Potter Manor while Sirius and the rest of the Aurors started searching for Pettigrew. A week later Dumbledore, Sirius and I went to check on the four of you but by then your parents had already taken your brother to the muggle world."

  "We tried to get them to tell us where they'd taken him so we could take him in a raise him," Sirius sighed handing me a picture that showed two babies cuddling. "We didn't care if he was a squib we just thought that he should be raised around family. Your parents never would tell us but we didn't give up searching, we tried every muggle law office asking if a child had been dropped off but that always came up as a dead end, it got to the point we were thinking that he was gone for good so we started searching other ways. We never stopped searching for him, Moony searches for him when he comes out on the full moon and Padfoot has caught his scent a few times when I go for a walk but I can never find where it is coming from and when I do catch it it's always gold or silver."

  "Pain," I whispered remembering what I had read about grim dogs. "He's in pain and there is nothing we can do."

  "I know cub," Remus sighed rubbing my shoulders. "We hate that he is but we can't do anything until he's found."

  "I want to help," I said standing up. "He's my brother and I want to help find him. Please let me help."

  "Cub," Remus started.

  "NO!" I yelled. "They threw him like he was trash just because he didn't have magic and he's been hurt and is hurt and I didn't know about it. I'm not going to sit back and let you look for him when I could be helping. Please let me help."

  "Okay," he sighed after looking at Siri. "But you have to have someone go with you every time and you have to listen to the person that is with you."

  "I'll do it," I nodded my head really fast before holding the picture out to Moony.

  "You can keep it cub," he smiled closing the box that Siri summoned and slid it under the couch. "We need to head downstairs the Order meeting is going to start soon so people will be arriving soon."