Chapter One

"I have no service."

"Breathe."

"If I have no service, then I won't recieve any emails."

"Malia..."

"And if I can't recieve emails, then I don't know whether I have to repeat Junior year or not."

"Jesus Christ!"

"Yes, you're right, I need Jesus Christ right now. Are you religious? Do you pray?"

"Malia!"

The cool wind whipped around us as we stood on the side of the road beside a fallen tree that had been blocking the road, before Malia lifted it with one hand infornt of ten people. Now we were waiting for the boys to pick us up while I and Mr Tate tried to calm Malia down.

"Dad is your phone working?" Malia asked quickly tapping her phone so hard it's a wonder the screen didn't crack.

"No, the storm took the cellphone tower out." He replied casting his gaze out upon the sky that every so often would flash with lightening.

"It's going to be okay. You'll find out when you find out." He tried to reassure her while she tried to put on a brave face.

"You girls need a ride to the school?" He asked kindly but was answered by the familiar beep of Stiles' jeep as it came hurtling around the corner.

When I caught sight of the rusty old jeep, warmth filled the space between my ribs.

"Got one." Malia answered, giving her Dad a quick hug. I gave him a rushed smile as I jogged over to the car.

"Sorry we're late!" Stiles called out of the open window. He had on the same flannel that he stole back from me after I stole it from him for several weeks. He had his arm leaning on the edge of the window while his head stuck out, eyes smiling

When I reached the car I put my hands on the edge of the window, leaned in and planted a kiss on his waiting lips. It was quick, but still long enough to feel his mouth curve into a smile When we pulled apart, his eyes twinkled with amusement.

"Hey." He grinned and I grinned back.

"Hey."

Suddenly Liam's head popped into view from the back seat.

"I'm sorry too." He said cheekily and instead of responding, I flashed my glowy eyes at him. One light and one dark. One good and one bad. Liam's own eyes widened.

"Nevermind." He mumbled, leaning back into his seat. I let my eyes return to normal.

"Is it bad tonight?" Stiles asked, his gooey brown eyes searching mine as I turned my gaze back to him.

I know what he meant, without him having to say it. Tonight, the night before we start Senior year, is a full moon, the night where the line between here and elsewhere blurrs and nasty spirits come out to play. It's harder for me to concentrate, harder for me to not let them swallow me whole. But it was getting easier to stay in control.

"It's better now." I said quietly as Malia hopped into the backseat and left the door open for me.

"Good." Stiles stated and I climbed in.

All of the boys then turned to look at Malia.

"What?" She growled, already knwoing what they were going to ask her.

"Did you find out yet?" Scott asked with his knowing eyes.

"Find out what?" Liam asked, a step behind the rest of us.