ch 7- A world alone

Days passed by, and Christian came-and left. He stayed a couple of days with Gaga and then left again to visit his daughters, but he made sure to leave his mark.
At night,Lukas would ask her if she managed to speak up, and gaga would show him new marks and start crying. Then she would crawl back in his arms and everything was alright, because she felt safe there.
Coachella was around the corner, and  gaga was very excited about it. Not only because she was going to release her new single-which she wrote with Lukas, but the thought that she got to spend the night with Lukas, without worrying about Christian being there made her belly flutter. So, when Christian finally left to see his daughters, she felt like a heavy stone was lifted off her chest, she felt almost reborn.

They were at her hotel in California, the morning of the show. Gaga, all of her team and Lukas were in the living room still sleepy from the trip-9 hours from LA, they had arrived at 4 am and fell fast asleep in their rooms.
When gaga told her team that Lukas was coming too, they didn't seem the slightly surprised and that surprised gaga. But then she realised that she didn't have to worry about people snitching them out, and that was fine.

- So...  What's the plan for today, little popstar? Lukas asked jokingly, at which gaga smiled at him.
-well, in...2 hours I have to go rehearse and then soundcheck, after that I'll have to get ready for the show and then I'll be up on stage for two hours.
She leaned closer to him and whispered - ..and then we can stay and watch the next show. I heard Lorde is performing after me.

The sudden closeness gave Lukas goosebumps, and her sweet, yet raspy voice made his heart throb in his chest.
-sounds like a plan, he whispered back , and when no one could see he put an arm around her waist and kissed her temple.

  The day passed quickly, and Lukas loved watching gaga rehearse. She poured all her heart into her performance, even if it was just rehearsal. He watched her with admiring eyes, and when she caught his eyes staring into hers she blushed and smiled. It made her feel appreciated and good knowing that he cared, and her belly fluttered every time she would catch him looking at her. She felt safe with him,and she couldn't deny that she wanted him to be more than just a good friend. But it was so complicated, and she felt trapped and was afraid of what could happen if she decided to leave Christian.

She was deep in her toughts and didn't notice that Lukas sat beside her. He cleared his throat, and let out a chuckle when he saw the surprise on her face.
- So, how do you feel Stef? Ready for the show?
She smiled and looked down.
- I can't wait! Even though I'm a little nervous , but that'll pass as soon as I'll hit that stage.
He shifted closer to her and put an arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. Lukas buried his head in her hair and whispered - I'm sure you'll do great.
She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of his body. She wanted to stay like this forever, her head on his shoulder, his warm embrance arpund her, no expectations and no worries.
But the moment was soon destroyed by her manager Bobby who announced her that she was on in an hour and she had better get ready now. Lukas took his arm from around her , and told her he would wait for her front row in the audience.
×××
After the show, Lukas went backstage to congratulate her. She was sitting on a couch, trying to figure out how to peel off the bodysuit while her team was preparing to leave. Her clumsyness made him laugh when her arm got stuck in the cloth, and he approached her to give her a hand.
He approached her, and gaga smiled at him.
- you were amazing on that stage, Stef. I loved it, Lukas said while helping her get the stuck hand free.
She smiled at him and thanked him, then, after finally freeing her hand she took off her bodysuit, remaining only in her bra and underwear.
Lukas blushed when he saw her little yet toned body, and looked away. Only then did he realize that all her team was looking at them, and when he turned around, everyone got back to what they were doing.
In the meantime, gaga got dressed with a tight, black t-shirt and high waisted jeans, took her phone and told Lukas that she was ready to go.
They greeted her team and exited her change room.
-So...who are we going to see?Lukas asked when they closed the door.
-I think Lorde is performing now, so that's our destination.
Gaga put her arm around Lukas' and they reached the pit in no time.
++++
-Are you enjoying the show?you seem a little off,
Lukas asked Gaga, who has been awfully quiet during most of the show. They had made their way to the middle of the crowd and were glad that nobody had recognised them. Gaga had put her arm around his and rested her head against it, and they had now been  standing like that for two songs now.
Gaga snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Lukas, who seemed concerned. She softly smiled at him, her lips forming a small but cute smile, then she rested her head back against his arm and shifted closer to him.
-It feels so surreal you know?
She said when the last song of the show started.

That slow burn wait while it gets dark

Lukas waited for her to continue, but when he saw she wasn't talking he asked her -What do you mean?

Bruising the sun,I feel grown up with you in your car

-I feel good now. I feel...safe when I'm with you. And I feel like everything's alright. And I-I want more of this. Of this freedom. But there's just such a heavy stone on my chest that keeps me from living the life I crave for.

I know it's dumb.

Lukas put his arms around her waist and lifted her chin up.
- You don't have to feel this way. Just let yourself go now. You are safe here.

We've both got a million bad habits to kick

Gaga looked up at him and met his eyes. Lukas got lost in her eyes. They held so many emotions and as many sleepless nights. She wanted to feel loved, but behind all the walls she was just tired.

Not sleeping is one.

Lukas felt his heart throbbing in his chest when she leaned closer. He raised his arm and put his hand on her cheek. She twitched at first, but then leaned in his gentle touch when she realised he didn't want to hurt her.

We're biting our nails, you're biting my lips

She closed her eyes when she felt his breath closer to her face. Let it go, he said. She let go.
Gaga felt a pair of soft, gentle lips on hers and all the noise, all the people around them disappeared. A bolt of joy ran through her body and she pressed herself closer in his arms, deepening the kiss.
She felt empty and sad when he let go of her lips, and she wanted to tell him how she felt , how she hoped he felt about her. But the words got stuck in her throat and her eyes watered.

I'm biting my toungue.

Lukas got his face closer to her and slowly kissed her tears away from her cheeks. She closed her eyes and let them fall until these tears turned into tears of joy, she then tilted her head and met his lips again , wrapped her arms around his neck and just let her body be guided by the music, by her feelings, by his lips.

Let'em talk 'cause we're dancing in this world alone,
We're all alone,
We're all alone.

---------
Prepare for a little drama in the next chapter.