Prolouge

My chest rose and fell in a rapid manner as my breath hitched. My throat was parched and my vision became blurred. The wintry sounds made my ears ring, leaving their trace behind in my mind.

Terror and grief shot through my body. Voices were following close behind, barking intangible phrases. Steaming tears fell like rain from my royal eyes.

I was oblivious as to where I was leading myself. My legs were beginning to give out due to my daft idea to wear red heels.

My hands were gripped onto my torn dress that barely covered my body anymore. It was destroyed, as well as my dignity and sense of respect for myself. Dried blood coated my inner thighs and forehead.

I kept running and refused to stop. I couldn't see. Simple shapes and dull colors was what replaced my usual impeccable vision. I managed to let out a few impotent shrieks.

I had to get away from those monsters. They took everything from me.

A shattering scream left my lips as I fell to the ground after tripping over my own feet. My eyes finally focused on what was below me; sand. Digging my fingers into the earth, bits of sand hid under my nails. I let out a muffled cry as the minuscule grains buried themselves into the fresh cuts fixed on my skin.

I heard a substantial amount of chatter surround me. I slowly lifted my head. Men, soldiers, surrounded me. Tens of thousands of them. Each individual dressed in heavy forest green uniforms, guns resting on their hips. Some had looks of concern, some confusion, and others; lust. Yet, all standing in straight lines by the shoreline.

My breathing pattern slowed down as well as my ability to comprehend what was happening. The sounds of discussion mutated into a sharp buzzing noise. My eyelids grew heavy as well as my body. I became numb.

"Commander!"

Everything became dark.