"A Hearty Meal" Part 1 (I Am The Best)

Beam's POV

Beam's POV

I was woken up by the smell that filled Forth's apartment and was greeted by the nice weather that peeked through his window. Yes, I am in Forth's apatment and No, we didn't do anything crazy. I stayed here for the night because of the heavy rain that poured yesterday.

I noticed Forth was no longer beside me.

"Mmm...mmm! What's that smell?" I said while touching my tummy that was grumbling. It seemed to be triggered by the pleasant smell.

So I followed the smell, with my eyes closed, which lead me to Forth's kitchen downstairs.

"Beam, I was about to wake you up for breakfast." He said while plating his cooked meal.

Well, he did wake me up. In this case, with his cooking.

"What's for breakfast? It sure smells nice." I said while holding utensils on both hands.

"I cooked curry and omu-rice your favorite 'feel good' meal."

I was surprised when he placed my food right in front of me from my back. I know he was trying to steal backhugs from me. I hope my cheeks aren't blushing that much. Then he kissed me on my head as he let go of the hug. And now I pretty much gave up on stopping myself from blushing, I should live my next life as a human tomato.

 And now I pretty much gave up on stopping myself from blushing, I should live my next life as a human tomato

"Go ahead, dig in." He said while sitting at the opposite side of the table. He wanted me to take the first bite. "I hope it's not too spicy or salty for you."

"Shiya"

"What, why?"

"It tasted like what I imagined it would taste like from watching animes and cooking shows."

"Does that mean it's good?" Forth asked showing a worried face.

"Yes you silly! It's good. Very delicious."

"Good thing you liked it." He let out a big sigh of relief. "You're the first one to taste my cooking besides my family. I thought my parents only liked my cooking because I'm their son and it seems like I Am The Best cook out there to impress a picky-eater like you."