Hold On

Perrie

"You couldn't have picked a hotter day for this hike could you?" Jade says to me as she squirts water on her face from her bottle. I reach out and snatch it away.

"Don't do that! You're wasting your water." I say as she rolls her eyes at me playfully.

"Yeah, because we only got about 100 bottles!"

I laugh as I grab her hand and swing it between us as we walk through the Canyon.

Jade and I have been dating for 4 years tomorrow. Every year we pick a vacation spot for our anniversary and this year was my turn to pick. I've always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon in America. I love to hike, especially in rocky areas like this. After tons of research and photos on how beautiful the place is I finally convinced Jade to come on this trip. She's not the most outdoorsy type, but she'll always tag along on hikes with me. She told me it's because she doesn't want me to be attacked by some wild animal because in her mind any area that's not in the city is full of lions, tigers and bears. Honestly, I really think deep down she likes being in nature just as much as I do.

"So do you know where we are actually going?" She asks as we walk up a huge hill. "Kind of...I have this map." I say holding it up then side ways.

"Maybe holding it right side up will help." She says reaching over and turning it around as I laugh. "It doesn't really matter. We've already been walking a couple hours. We pretty much just need to walk straight, so we don't get lost anyhow." I say folding the thing back up and putting it in my pocket.

"Look, there's a shaded area that way. Let's take a break?" She says using our conjoined hands to point to a huge rock that's casting out shade. I nod and follow her lead.

"Wow, these are some really great pictures babe. Look." She says as she looks through the camera we brought with us. I glance over her shoulder a bit smiling at the photos.

"Hey.....so I've been thinking...." I start but stop afraid I'll ruin the mood.

"About what Pezza?" She asks chuckling and turning the camera off.

"...I think we should move."

"Move?" She lifts a brow and turns to look at me as we continue our walk to the shade.

"Yeah like to a better place. Nothing huge, but just like a new one."

"My apartment not good enough for you?" She lifts a brow.

"Oh hush!" I bump her with my hip. "I love your apartment. We've been living together for three years. I just think it's time we pick a new place...together."

"Like a house?"

I shrug afraid of her response and then she's tugging on my hand and stands right in front of me stopping me from walking further. "If you're going to have this kind of conversation with me I need you to use your words." She says seriously.

I look at her and smile then kiss her nose. "Yes, I want to buy a house with you if that's okay with you. I mean if it's too much then we don't have to. We can wait. I really do love your apartment, but I would love to find something that we can both call home. I mean I call it home now I jus-" She cuts me off with a soft kiss.

"Of course. I'd love to buy a house with you Perrie."

I smile. "Really?"

"Really." She laughs as I put my hands around her waist and pull her closer. We lean our foreheads together looking into each others eyes before I press my lips to hers and kiss her hard. She pulls away first, the temperature outside seeming to have gotten even higher in the past several moments. "How is kissing you always like the first time?"