10 . Nothings The Same 🚮

Knowing that Ayden would be left without a father killed me. Loco told me that he and Spaz killed Ace that same night and brought his body to Jamaica. He told me he would explain exactly what happened and how it happened when Spaz gets off of work in a few hours. I couldn't help but cry and feel helpless. I told Loco that I needed time to myself and I told him to leave. May was at a job interview so I had to wait until she came home to tell her the news.
     I didn't want Ayden to grow up without a father. I didn't want to grow old without Ace. "BONNIE! NO WHAT THE HELL! BONNIE ! BONNIE !!" I could faintly hear May calling my name but I was too weak to get up. "911 YES MY BESTFRIEND IS HERE SHE TRIED TO DROWN HERSELF! SHE IS PREGNANT!" Said May as she cried. I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation , its like the world went silent. All I knew is that I woke up in a hospital bed with IV's and tubes attached to my body. I had on an oxygen mask.
     I looked around the room to see May, Loco, Spaz and a few doctors. "BONNIE ! Thank Goodness you're okay!" Said May as she reached over to hug me. Loco and Spaz were standing there looking helpless. I felt empty and I could barely lift my head. About 2 minutes later I fell asleep. I was woken by a doctor who had food for me... if you consider a cup of applesauce food. May fed me and I looked over to see Spaz walking into the room and Loco sleeping on the couch.
     "Tell me what happened." I said to Spaz weakly. Spaz woke Loco and then they walked out of the room for a few minutes. When they came back in Loco started telling me. "heres what happened.. we went to rob Ace's house. But he caught us. As we was started to put his TV in the truck he had pulled up." Said Loco as he tapped Spaz. "Yea , he got out of the car ready to fight , trying to talk, and looking for answers. We not the type to do no talking Bonnie and you know this! I ended up fighting the man until he pulled his gun on me" Said Spaz and he paced up and down the hospital room.
     "I wasn't going to let Spaz get shot so I rushed 'em. " said Loco as he checked his phone and put it back into his pocket. "We ended up jumping this man. Took his gun and all. Thats when Loco pistol whipped him... remember I said that ? When Loco asked why he was bleeding?" Said Spaz as he chuckled a little , imitating how Loco pistol whipped Ace. Loco laughed and continued the story. "After we beat him senseless we put his body in the trunk . We was about to just drop him off somewhere far but Spaz said something that was even better." Said Loco as he eyed Spaz.
     "He took her virginity... we take his life" said Spaz as he looked down on the floor. I instantly started to cry. Remembering the phone conversation that I had with Spaz when he said that exact same sentence. May started crying too. "How could you kill somebody.. watching them die.. how??" Said May as she comforted me. "Well thats the best part." Said Loco as he went to the restroom for some tissue. "He took something from my sister so we take something from him! I dont give a fuck!" Loco continued.
"We set him on fire .. alive.. inside of his own car. When the fire went out we cut up his body and took his car to my cousin's junkyard. My cousin knew what was up so he melted the car... but hey its for a good cause. The car will now be a door handle or some shit I don't know." Said Spaz. May started throwing up and I continued to cry.
"I know it hurts but... just listen... we took his body to Mexico and they cooked him. They had fed his body to some sharks. We was gone for a month because we had to sneak around in Mexico until we found the right people. $3k for them to cook him and give his body to the sharks, a dead body is what made the price be so expensive. You have to be careful when you get rid of a body, we're talking life in jail for shit like that Bonnie." Said Loco as he made a face that looked as though he hated what he said. "I loved him with everything in me.. you took him from me. If he would've tried to apologize i'll never know!" I said while fighting back tears.
      "We're sorry bestfriend.. but I cant let no man mistreat you like that man I told you I'll get 'em gone quick! Now I have to go pick my girlfriend up from work. Call me when you need me." Said Spaz as he walked out. "I have to get going too but not now.. I have to meet up with somebody" said Loco as he sat down. I was in a daze. I kept feeling empty. I literally felt like there was nothing inside me. Maybe it was because my heart had left me. I started thinking back to how Ace and I met. I'll never forget the dumb smile he had on his face when I walked outside.
     I remember his exact outfit. The black nike shorts, the white T, the black Nike slides. I remember how nice his waves looked. How pretty his eyes were. I'll never get to see those eyes again. I reached over to scratch my stomach.. I didn't feel anything. "Why does my belly feel so flat" I said out loud. May and Loco looked at each other.
     "Um I thought you knew.. when you drowned Ayden couldn't breathe. His lungs.. um...they weren't as strong as yours... but you were carrying a soon-to-be dead baby.. Ayden was going to die anyways because of your HCG levels" said May as she wiped a tear from her face. I bursted into tears. "What do you mean my HCG levels." I said as I held my stomach hoping that maybe Ayden was still there. "They dropped... it means that theres a 100% chance that you'll lose the baby"
     I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't even cry anymore because I felt empty. Empty of love, empty of tears, empty of my humanity. Two of my most favorite people in the world. Gone. I just laid there thinking about what life would have been like with Ace and Ayden. Us, as a family. Suddenly , I heard a baby crying. I looked around the room to see where it was coming from. Suddenly I saw nothing but darkness. I seen a shadow next to me. I watched it get up and follow the sound.
"Lay down baby, I got it this time." It was Ace. He was holding Ayden. All of a sudden I remembered everything. I had slipped into a coma for 5 months when we were at the water park. I fell off of an inner tube and hit my head on a rock when I was in the lazy pool. We had went to water rapids again while I was pregnant. I had to have a C-section while I was in a coma. A week later I woke up. The doctor told me that Its a possibility that I wouldn't remember anything. I remember the times with Ace and Ayden, how could I go to sleep and wake up and end up forgetting?! I could see Ace and Ayden. I started to cry tears of joy. "It was all a dream!" I thought to myself. My man never cheated on me... Ayden never died... I never tried to kill myself. I got up to hug my boys. I never felt more happy to have a dream like that. It really made me appreciate how precious life is and how much you need the ones you love and to never take anyone for granted .