i saw her

i saw her, everyday.

i saw her jump around making her charm bracelet jingle, and with a big grin on her face that makes her eyes twinkle.

i saw her laugh and smile at everybody like she didn't have any problems.

i saw how she was kind and gentle with every person she touched through her life.

but she never did saw what those people did behind her back and those people never did saw what was going on behind those twinkling eyes.

i saw her, day by day, greeting everyone happily.

and i saw their fake smiles as a response. 

they were clouded with envy towards her giddiness and her care free self that they didn't see what was happening.

i saw how things, for her, got tough that she can no longer hide it with a smile.

i saw her wrists began to get thin that her charm bracelet kept going down and she had to twist her hand to pull it back up.

i saw her walking down the halls, head down. no one even asks.

i saw her change. no one notices.

i saw her gazing off into space during lunch time, her lunch bag untouched.

she used to have a loud table, filled with laughter and smiles, but behind those laughter and smiles from her so called friends were snide comments that she chose to ignore because she wanted to feel noticed.

i saw her empty sit on the lunch table and eventually i never saw her everyday anymore.

she disappeared. never once heard of again. 

she left without a sound but with words that was written on a torn piece of paper that probably came from the back of her notebook.

words that said,

'thank you. and so long. i'm not dead, yet. in case anyone wonders. but i guess no one will. if someone is reading this right now and this someone just wants to- cut yourself, take drugs, commit false suicide, get high, do crime, and disappear- then, don't do any of it. don't go down that way cause i've been in it. i smile, like there's no problem, but there is, and it ate me alive. yes, ate, past tense. that's why i've gone away. don't be like me. i hope this letter gave someone something to ponder on.

sincerely, someone who used to be somebody.'