"A taste of you" || Chapter 1

• Prologue •
- My P O V -

I finally finished arranging everything in our new home and discarded the empty boxes in the recycling bin. I plopped right onto the couch and just laid there for a couple minutes to rest.
The day was still young, 4:54 pm to be exact, so I called out for Amanda, my daughter, to explore the rest of the town with me.
I locked the door and trailed behind Amanda who was leading the way, that's when I noticed a young blonde man in a pink shirt waved at me good bye. I waved back and smiled.  As I faced away from the cul-de-sac we lived in, I caught a big red headed man looking at us, it wasn't directly, but I felt he was looking. I ignored it and caught up with Amanda.
"So where to, kiddo?"
"Hmm. I think I saw a park nearby, I kinda just wanna chill outside, ya know?"
"Sounds good manda panda!"
She gave out a small giggle and smiled.
As we walked down the street, barely 3 minutes away from our house, we noticed a cute little coffee shop, called the 'Coffee Spoon'.
"Huh.. whadya know, a coffee shop is really close by."
"That's pretty convenient. Looks pretty jazzy."
"Jazzy?" I looked at Amanda with a confused face.
"Ugh dad you wouldn't get it cause you're old."
She softly punched my arm and stuck her tongue out.
"Pfft I'm not that old." I stuck my tongue out too and just started to laugh. It was nice that my daughter and I could just joke around like this. But before I could get all caught up in the moment, we were already at the park.
"Geez small world"
Amanda rushed to the swings and motioned me to come to her.
"Dad, the moon is my destination, my people need me!!"
She pointed up at the sky attempting to make a heroic face.
I chuckled. "You're 18 and still want to be pushed on the swings? You're so silly."
She smiled a big cheesy smile as I started to push her. I pushed her as hard I could seeing how far she would go up.  And before I could do the finishing move, all I hear was "heads up!"
I rubbed my head where I got hit, feeling a bit embarrassed. But I snapped out of my self pity to see a cute corgis run up to us, it even had a bandanna on!
"Well hello there dog!"
"Bork"
".. please grant me your wisdom!"
Amanda just started to laugh "ask him a question dad"
"How long do I have left?"
"Bark"
"I see.. may I ask if we pet thy head?"
"Bork bork!"
Me and Amanda just went ham and cheese, we scratched the dog behind his ear patted his head and rubbed his back, I was so invested with this dog I didn't realize a man approached us.
"Ya know, traditionally you're supposed to catch a frisbee with your hands."
"It's a new technique, using your head goes against the system!"
He just looked at me and started to laugh "Well that's new, anyways, it's nice to see another father and daughter outside enjoying the day together."
"Where's your daughter?"
He pointed at a checkered blanket underneath a tree with a girl sitting underneath reading.
"Daisy come here!"
She looked up and put her book aside, she smiled and waved, a bit awkwardly,.
"You're reading on such a nice day? Why not go play and run around?"
"Oh.. uh.."
"She's just catching up on some reading, she's 10 years old but has a mind of a high schooler right now."
"That's pretty cool, geniuses like Daisy are hard to come by!"
Brian gave a big smirk and patted Daisy on the head.
"Why don't you kids go play along?"
"Sure thing! Come on Daisy let's go play with your doggie!"
"Oh.. sure!"
They both ran along while Brian and I went back to his Blanket area.
We sat next to each other and looked at the park.
"Say.. aren't you the new guys at the cul-de-sac?"
"Haha yeah, I thought I recognized you, you're the one living across from us with the really nice lawn, huh?"
He gives off a very dad laugh, "yeah! Best there is!"
"What's you're name by the way? I never caught it"
"Brian, Brian Harding. And you are?"
"(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)."
We both laughed and settled down.
"So what brings you here to our small town?"
"Amanda and I just needed to get fresh start, too much happened back at our old place."
"Oh I see. Well is this misuse around?"
"*awkward ahem* uh.. Mister, actually.. and no, he passed away long ago..."
Brian gave a shocked look and looked at the ground.
"Oh... I'm sorry to hear."
I avoided the awkward silence by asking him what he likes to do, and sure enough he had to brag about something.
"Well, not to brag or anything.."
'Oh Brian... but you are bragging..'
"But I know how to make a pretty mean brisket. You should come on over sometime soon and taste it for yourself?"
"Yeah that would be great, Brian! I think it would really help the kids get warmed up to each other also! What else are you into?"
"Well I take Daisy along on my camping trips and fish for a few days. It's great, you into fishing?"
"I totally am! Probably the best there is."
Brian smirks "well then, you have to go with us soon then. I'd like to see who's the better man!"
"Haha I don't see why not."

(...)

After talking for hours, we finally were ready to pack up and leave. I helped Brian gather his things and we all walked the same route to go home.
As we approached the cul-de-sac I walked over to his house and placed his things down. "Thanks (Y/N)! You're a real big help! Well.. I'll see ya tomorrow, let's do something if you're not busy."
"I'd love that Brian! G'night!"
I turned around and started to walk back home, Brian stared at me and especially my ass. He gulped and started blushing to himself.
"Dad?..."
"..."
"....Dad!!"
"Oh.. uh, what is it sweetie?"
Daisy looked at her dad and sighed. "Let's go in ya big lug"

Sorry for errors!
Hopefully you're enjoying this! I'm gonna make other character x reader books for Dream Daddy! Leave comments and votes and shit, if you want! It just helps! I also will try and post a new chapter 2-3 days. Haha thanks for reading !
-Brian
(P.s, it's gonna be VERY sexual later. So heads up)