Chapter 1 Castell

"Castell if your awake listen to the guards for me, I'm not close enough!" Maysalla her cell mate whispered. Maysalla was right she wasn't close enough, they both had chains around their necks that restricted them both but, she was the closest to the guards chamber.

"Fine, but I better not end up like the last snooper." she held her head up to the door where two women were conversing.

"Have you decided to test the prisoners 42 and 43 yet, I'm tired of waiting." an old women said violently. Castells eyes went big, her and Maysallas numbers were branded on their forearms. Tears started painting her eyes like fog clouds over a rainy day. Her hands started to shake she couldn't control it but, she kept listening.

"Yes, we will do the test tomorrow at sunrise, they will be asleep then." a different women answered. Castell made a quiet gasp only she could here. She backed away from the door to make sure she didn't get caught if anyone was coming out . She just wanted to fall into a deep sleep. Although she wanted to escape with blissful sleep and be in paradise and never wake, she also wanted to protect Maysalla no matter what. Maysalla was was like a sister to her, the only family she ever had. Castell was 15 and Maysalla was 14 and a half. They both got put in the Rostell prison when their parents died. They were killed for refusing to pay the recompense for living in Dinextra their city. Castell knew what the old hags meant by test. All the other girls there got 'bites' and started getting angry and slowly deformed into howling creatures. Then, they would be taken away by men in suits.

"Well, what are they saying. HELLO anyone home, Castell!!!" She forgot about Maysalla. "You gonna answer, we don't have all day!" Maysalla started getting annoyed.

She struggle to find the right words but she knew there was no way to put it lightly. How in the world could anyone say, yeah we're going to be tested and turned into something terrifying then killed or made into experiments tomorrow have fun, and put that lightly. So she just spit it out.

"They said they are testing us, at sunrise tomorrow."