Chapter Three: Hope

[Your POV]
Head slumped down in a cell, your mind retraces the events that landed you here.
-----------
You cried in the police car, struggling against the restraints.

"Let me go! I didn't do it!" Your voice wavered.

"That's what the all say, pal."

The detective who arrested you was driving the car, looking at you from the mirror.

"Whatever the case is, I'm sure my friend will find out the truth!" His hands drummed at the steering wheel.

"Your...friend?"

You looked at the man. Tall, well-built, with black hair that was messed up in all different directions. His face furrowed in concentration to driving, you looked at the rest of his outfit. A beige trench coat, where he keeps his police badge, brown pants, and black polished shoes.

"What friend?" You asked.

"Watch it, buddy! It seems like you're saying I have no friends!" He calmed down after that little outburst, then started chatting about how amazing his friend was.

"He hasn't had a good murder case in a while. He'll definitely be eager to pick this one up, that's for sure!"

You looked down at your seat, then your hands traveled to your handcuffs.

"What's his name?" You cautiously asked. "Also yours."

The detective smiled. "My name is Dick Gumshoe!"

You couldn't help but snicker, causing another outburst of "Watch your step, pal!"

"His name is Miles Edgeworth!" He turned into the police station, where several officers were waiting.

Memories of newspaper articles came to mind. A famous prosecutor, ruthlessly known to get a guilty verdict each time. Rumors surrounded him of forging evidence and secret deals.

You gulped as the car stopped. An officer opened the door and took you to your cell, where you barely got a wink of sleep.

'Great, with him looking at this case and where I was, I will definitely die!'
---------------
An officer tapped on the bars with his billy club, causing you to wake up. You groggily stared at him as he barked an order.

"This ain't no time for napping, Sleeping Beauty! Someone is here to see you!"

You finally got a bit more energy in you as you stand up. He opened the cell for you and escorted you down a long hallway to a waiting room.

'Who will be waiting there for me, of all people?'
-------------------
[Maya's POV]
Phoenix was driving along down to the police station. I twiddled my thumbs in the passenger seat, listening to the music. I was always nervous before going down to the precinct, but the girl on television looked very sweet. She couldn't have done it, could she?

Nick ruffled his hair as we continued to cruise along. I caught some words on the radio, nothing too important. Then, a familiar song came on. I turned to Nick excitedly.

"C'mon! Let's sing!"

He sheepishly smiled. "Maya, you know I'm not-"

I started singing along to the tune, playing air guitar at the same time. I always try to make Nick feel better before he interviews the suspect, so I thought this would be a way to do it. Soon enough, Nick joined in!

"She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen!"

Phoenix blushed. I wondered why, but I kept singing. He then resumed singing.

"She had the sightless eyes
Telling me no lies
Knockin' me out with those American thighs
Taking more than her share
Had me fighting for air
She told me to come but I was already there
'Cause the walls start shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you!"

We looked at each other. I did a little dance in my seat as Nick kept the beat on the wheel.

"Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long!"

We started laughing as we sang this part as loud as we could. I started singing quietly as Nick took lead, his face having a slight tinge of pink.

"Working double time
On the seduction line
She was one of a kind, she's just mine all mine
Wanted no applause
Just another course
Made a meal out of me and came back for more
Had to cool me down
To take another round
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing
'Cause the walls were shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were making it and you!"

I joined back in as we sang this part again.

"Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long!"

Soon enough, the song was over as Phoenix parked. We got out of the car and walked to the front desk. Phoenix fixed his hair and straightened his suit.

"We're here to see [First Name] [Last Name]."

"Right this way!" The assistant chirped and pointed down the hallway. Of course, Nick and I knew where to go. We've been here way too many times.

Finally, we reached our destination. The same young girl we saw on television was in front of us, her head down. She looks like she was crying, or very tired. Possibly both. Her head finally moved to look at us, bags under her eyes.

"Hi." She croaked.
----------------------
(Whoah! Long chapter! Thank you all for reading this fan fiction so far! I can't believe it has 11 reads already. That's actually a lot for a new WRIGHTer just starting out! Please comment if you want to see more of this story, or if you have any suggestions of one shots I should write!)