Chapter 2

Three days later.

Chuuya sat in the waiting room. After his work colleagues forced him to go to the doctors after continuesly vomiting over the course of two days and at one point fainting, Chuuya had woken very quickly to take the earliest appointment before they needed to get the work.

His watch read 7:45 am. His appointment should be any minute no-

"Nakahara Chuuya?" A woman in a loose white doctors coat appeared in the doorway of the empty waiting room. Chuuya stood up and followed her to a little white room.

"Good morning, sir. I'm assuming you want to do this a quickly as possible seeing as you chose the earliest slot?" She jokily said, but Chuuya wasn't in the mood. He felt worse than usual.

The nurse straightened up, noting that he didn't want to mess around.

"Right. So if you'd like to take a seat on the bed here and tell me why you decided to make an appointment that would be great."

"I have been vomiting. Every day actually."

"Well, that could be for a number of reasons, but we only want one. Could you be more specific as to when you've been vomiting?"

Chuuya throught for a moment.

"Mornings mostly. A couple times during the night. I fainted once."

The nurse noted this down.

"I'm going to give you a blood test, this won't take long."

Chuuya followed the nurse to another room, where she inserted a needle into his arm and did what she needed to do. The nurse then sent the blood off to another part of the hospital to be analyzed.

"I will send the results to you later today." The nurse smiled then left to get her second patient.

Chuuya breathed heavily then left to begin his next line of work.

***

After reaching the hotel, an envelope was handed to him along with the keys to his room. The blood test results he assumed. After settling into his room, Chuuya tore open the envelope, for some reason he felt very nervous at what it might say. He was beginning to feel nauseous at the thought. The uncomfortable sick feeling felt like it growing. No- it was growing. Chuuya threw up again.

After cleaning himself up, he sat on the edge of the bed, teasing open the envelope gently. A neon yellow post-it note was stuck to the page, it read: Congratulations!

He tipped the envelope up and heard something fall from it to the floor. Ignoring it momentarily, Chuuya scanned the page, feeling more confused than ever.

Then he saw it. He saw it in black and white. How was he going to tell Dazai?