Hi, I'm Mason

"Let me introduce myself since I coaxed you into my car. My name is Mason. What's your name?" Mason smiles at me while turning on my street. "I'm Octavia." I say smiling back at him, looking at his perfect smile. "Well Octavia" He says in a low, husky voice making my palms sweat, "I would love to see you again." He looks down at his feet and looks back at me with those big green eyes I adore. "S-Sure, I'll give you my number." He hands me his phone and I put my number in. When I hand it back to him, our hands linger and his ring finger touches mine. Sparks shoot down my spine like fire and I jump out of my seat, breathing rapidly. He sees my reaction and chuckles, knowing what he did to my body. "Would you like to hang out tonight? Maybe my place?" Mason asks as I go to open the car door. "Maybe next time." I say trying to resist the temptation. "Thank you though, I'll see you around." I close the car door and run up to the porch of my house to find garbage bags of my clothes and my electronics soaking wet. 

My dad walks out of the door, fuming. "Dad, what's going on?" I ask him already kind of knowing the answer. "This is it Octavia. Your mother and I try and try and you can never do anything right. You dropped out of college, you can't keep a job and all you do is stay up in your room, mooching off of your mother and I. I've had enough! We're done with you. Get your shit and leave!" My dad finishes his rant and I'm in tears. He looks at my face with no remorse and throws a bag of clothes at me. Just then I feel someone towering behind me. 

"If you ever talk to her like that again, I swear-" It was Mason and he was pissed. Why didn't he leave already. Why does he even care. I can't help but feel uncomfortable as I see his 6'4 frame sizing up and towering over my father. "You have no right to tell me how to speak to my daughter. Who the hell are you anyways!" My dad screams at Mason, stepping towards him. "None of your fucking business." Mason let's out what sound like a growl as he steps to my dad. 

"Guys stop. Mason stop. I'll leave dad. I'm sorry." I get in between the two very heated men. My dad walks back in the house slamming the door behind him. "I can smell the alcohol on his breath." Mason says in disgust. "Why did you do that!" I yell at Mason. "What do you mean? I was protecting you from a drunken asshole." Mason yells back. "He's not an asshole, he's my dad!" I yell back at him. "I'm sorry." Masons says picking up bags of my clothes and heading towards his car. "Where are you going with my stuff?" I ask him, still pissed. "My house." He says as he finishes loading everything in the car. "I'm not going anywhere with you." I say stomping my foot on the porch. "Well, it looks like you don't have much of a choice now." Mason says getting into the drivers seat of the car. I stand on the porch for a few minutes and then walk towards the car and get in. 

Everything was silent until I spoke up, "Why did you say you were trying to protect me. We just met." He looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed, questioning me. "Why wouldn't I protect you. You're my mate." He says almost awestruck. "What's a mate?" I ask. His eyes get wide and his mouth almost drops to the floor. What? What did I say?