The Fight

Its been about nearly an hour and the fight was still going on.

Ben was getting tired and fatigued, his vision was getting blurry. But more than anything, he was frustrated.

No matter what he did or who he chose, he couldn't even lay a scratch. Kevin and Gwen were of course trying to help but they didn't seem to be getting anywhere either.

Now its not that Ben lacked the skills, he took down Vilgax and Aggregor for crying out loud, its just that his aliens seemed... confused. As soon as he would change, something was telling the alien, or rather him, that something was odd. It didn't even feel like this guy was even living, like they were a simple mouse thinking they could take down a whole army of cats.

Ben was Humongosuar right when he timed out and as soon as he did Gwen and Kevin were shouting warnings.

"Ben get out of the way!" "Move it Tennyson!"

But as soon as Ben turned around everything seemed to go in slow motion. Chivis let out two astral blasts from each hand, one hit Ben's watch and the other hit his heart.

The last thing Ben saw before he blacked out was Chivis getting away with a grin on his face and Gwen and Kevin running towards him.

************************************

Gwen tries to read his health while Kevin tries to calm her down.

"Gwen just give him some time, you know he always bounces back after a KO"

Gwen turns and glares at him with tears in her eyes.

"Kevin you don't understand! His pulse is barely there! He's... he's..."

A bright light comes from nowhere and there stands Azimuth, Professor Paradox, and Max.

Max sees Ben and looks away with tears in his eyes and while Azimuth has a blank face he is still worried. And this time he's not worried about the watch. Well mostly.

Paradox comes forward and finishes what Gwen started.

"Ben Tennyson is dying. And without help he will be dead within days. But I warn you. The process will keep him sedated but he will still feel terrible pain and see horrifying images in sedation."

Kevin scowls and looks at Paradox like he is an idiot. "Does it really matter? Keeping Ben alive is the only thing that matters!"

Paradox sighs and looks at Ben. Part of him knows that allowing Ben to die would be the easiest action for the boy. No pain and no terror. But the other half knows that that way of thinking is also just plain stupid.

"Very well then. We must take him to Galvin."

Another portal opens up while Max gently picks up his grandson. They all go through the portal, everyone full of hope. Except Paradox. It seems Ben is already as good as dead.

But he was hoping he was very, very wrong. And that does not happen often.