23 October 2012

10:28
-Happy birthday sweety!
I jumped from my bed scared. That was my mom. She gets too excited when it's about a birthday.
-Still can't believe my baby turned 12!
Suddenly she hugged me, as a result of cutting my breath.
-Mom...can't...breath!
-Sorry baby!
After taking a deep breath, I looked at her. Her eyes were wet. I was confused. What kind of mood swing was that?
-Your father and Georgie would've been so proud...
I told her not to mention his name again. My father died in a car accident when I was 5. I've been through hard times. He was my idol, my hero, my protector. At least I have my mom. She has been there for me everytime I needed her. She was a mom and a dad in one. Like those soaps who are 2 in 1. But I always have a gap in my heart....
-Mom...

-Sorry Violet

-Sorry Violet... I know it's hard. I miss them too...
My mother and father were together since high school. They first met at 1st grade and from then, they were inseparable. Then they got married and they had me and my big brother. My brother George, or Georgie, as I would call him, disappeared a sunny day of August 3 years ago. After my father's passing, this was the final wound that destroyed my life. I miss them so much. My brother would have been 19 by now... I don't know if he's dead or alive.
I wish I'll have a love story like my parents when I'll grow up. But the thing is that I don't have any friends...
- So, I made you a cake and...
-WHERE ARE YOU WOMAN!
This is my stepfather. I hate him, my mom does as well. But she is too afraid of him. He is an alcoholic and treats my mother like shit. I can't stand seeing her anymore with him.
-Let's go baby. She said to me.
-I'm coming my man.
We went downstairs. He was sitting on the couch drinking a beer and watching TV.
-What took you so long woman? My feet stink and someone have to wash them. Then, all of a sudden, I said:
-You know you have hands too right? Just get a bath and leave my mom alone. I said in disgust. My mother looked at me shocked.
-What did that little piece of shit have just said?
-Nothing my man. She is young. She is just a kid.
-A kid with a fucking big mouth. Be careful you little bitch. Anyway, where is that cake coming from?
-It's my daughters birthday my man.
-How old is she turning?
-12 years old.
-12? That means she is old enough. She's a teen. A woman. So, I can finally beat her. He stood up and raised his hand. Everything happened so fast. I recall my mom screaming "NO!", standing in front of me and his hand slapping her face.

She was laying on the floor, while he was sitting back on the couch

She was laying on the floor, while he was sitting back on the couch. I went to her.
-Mommy! Mommy are you fine? I said while my tears were hugging my face.
-It's ok my baby. Go to your room please.
-I can't leave you. Not again... He beats you everyday! How can we allow that!
-Please. She came closer to my ear. Please baby. I can't let him beat you. I would die If anything ever happens to you. Do it for daddy and Georgie.
I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. I could hear him screaming at her, and her crying. I started crying too. I can't deal with this anymore. I can't, I can't...

 I can't, I can't

Mommy...
*Author's note*
"Hey! This is not the story at all. As you can see, is a throwback when Violet's mother was alive".