The secret

-Mom! Sleep with me. I'm scared! I begged her.
-You know I can't do that my love. But I promise you, I will be here for you. I could feel something was going wrong. Her voice seemed broken.
-Mommy?
-Yes baby?
-Are you ok? You seem a little upset. Like something is bothering you.
-It's nothing my pumpkin. Now sleep and don't worry ok? And... I want you to know that I love you and you are a warrior, just as them.
-Yes mommy.
She kissed my forehead and went outside.

She stood in front of the door and said:-I'm fighting for you baby, be strong

-I'm fighting for you baby, be strong...
I closed my eyes.
It was a sunny day. Mom, dad, George and I were having a picnic.
-Violet! Come over here! I just found some baby kittens!
-Wow Georgie! They are soo cute! Mommy, daddy look what Georgie found!
-Wonderful my loves. Dad hugged both of us, he kissed mom and said
-I love you all beyond of the impossible. Everything was perfect, till everyone freezed.
-Daddy?
-Momma?
-Georgie? It's not funny!
And then everything got dark.
I woke up sweaty. It was one of my usual nightmares I had from the day of the accident. As the time was passing and I couldn't sleep, I decided to go to mom and get a hug. She was the only one who was able to make me feel better. I went to her bedroom. That bedroom that one day belonged to my dad. That awful man was sleeping on his bed. My dad's bed.
Suddenly, I heard heavy steps coming closer and closer. I got scared and swept into the closet holding my breath.
He came in, took off his dirty shirt and jumped on the bed.
-This bed makes my butt feel happy. He said with a sense of satisfaction.
- Come on woman let's sleep.
My mother came in slowly. I could feel the fear inside her. She closed the door and stood there. She was just as a frozen statue. Her face was cold, and her eyes were staring at that man.
-Woman? Wake up dumb woman.
She slowly lifted her hand from her back and a big, sharp knife appeared. I opened my eyes shocked. What is going on! My mom just got crazy!
-What are you doing?
He got up from the bed and came close to her annoyed.
-What are you going to do? Kill me? He laughed.
-I know it was you Trevor. You killed Victor. You killed my husband and my son!
I started sweating. My father was actually murdered! It was way too much for me to get.
-Your little husband wasn't an angel and you know that.
-You took him away!
-He owed me money. You know how I hate that.
-FUCK MONEY! FUCK EVERYTHING! HE WAS MY HUSBAND! THE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN! HOW COULD YOU KILL A FATHER! YOU ARE A HEARTLESS MONSTER!
- I don't know about you, but I prefer money over your two fucking little bastards. And as for that child, don't worry she is going to meet her dad soon.
-You won't hurt my daughter. If something ever happens to her, I have men watching you. You will go to prison and never get out.
He was annoyed. He slapped mom and she attacked him, getting the knife to his arm. He stopped her and having more power punched her in the stomach.
He took her knife and told her:
-You know Samantha, that was very dumb of you. Maybe I want to kill your little shit, but I won't. You oppositely will die. Right now.
He then got the knife and stabbed her. The knife got through her stomach and got out from her back. He then took the knife, opened the door and left the house. When I heard his car leaving, I got out of the closet.
-NOOOOOOOO! MOM! MOMMY!
She opened her eyes and said:
-I love you baby. Remember me, daddy and Georgie. Please take that. She took my hand and gave me a dark blue pendant.
-Wear it and never take it away. This pendant, has an important secret. You will find out what I mean as the time will pass. Come here.
She kissed me and I hugged her.
-Don't worry mommy! I'm calling right now! Don... I couldn't end my phrase. Her breath got away and I closed her eyes. She had just passed away.
I got her to bed and kissed her. I cleaned the blood from the floor and I called 100 (991). On our way to hospital the doctors did many electroshock to her but she didn't wake up. I could see the assistants communicating with their eyes. At the hospital, the doctor told me the bad news.
-I'm sorry kid. I have already called your father.
I didn't really care that her murderer was coming. I was just thinking about her. My mother had just passed away like my father 7 years ago from the same man and now, I was all alone.

He stepped in like anything happened

-My condolences. The doctor said.
-Thank you sir. Honey, let's go home.
He got to me and hugged me. I felt dirty. That man that had just killed my mother. He came closer and asked me:
-What do you know.
-Everything I'm supposed to.
And when anyone wasn't looking he threw me away.
And here I was, all alone. I stared at the pendant. It was so beautiful. Dark blue with a star. My parents wanted to name me Stella, because they told each other they are in love at the star rain. This was their wish. But they eventually named my Violet, as my grandmother.
I wore the pendant and NEVER took it off.