Prologue

((E.J's POV))

I ran into the hospital room where (y/n)'s body layed, the doctors all look at me with sad looks in their eyes, I couldn't hear what Star and the doctors were saying to me... Everything was quiet, the only thing I heard was the beep on the heart monitor...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...

I felt something falling down my cheeks, I slowly lifted my hand, seeing black oozy tears on my hand after wiping the wetness on my cheeks,

"Oh my god. Are you alright sir??" A nurse asked me worriedly,

"Y-Yea.... I-I..... I-i'm.... f-fine...." I felt something tug at me, my heart shattered, I walked out of the hospital...

I was too late... If only I would have done this sooner... Maybe.... Just... Maybe I would have saved her from such a fate... What even started this in the first place? Truly... I couldn't remember... The only thing that was in my head was that long beeping noise... Meaning her heart had stopped... I hope... Just hope she doesn't become one of us... She.... Sh-She doesn't deserve to be a monster like me.... Or insane like the others... She's too pure and sweet... But... I dont know what I'll do without her in my life.... If she's gone... Then what's the point? She was my world, my skies... My soul and heart... She was the only one who could make me smile... Make me laugh... Hell... She was the only one to make me emotional at all...

Just then the memories of him meeting (y/n) for the first time flashed through his head.

~Flashbaaaaack!~

I sat on the edge of the bridge, I just killed some campers, I was tired and wanted to take a break, so I chose the park bridge... I then heard quiet footsteps on the bridge, I slightly move my head to see a girl with (h/L) (h/c) hair, beautiful, shy (e/c) eyes starring at me as she walked, I didnt notice what she was wearing, I was too busy starring at how beautiful this girl was...

"U-Uh.... H-Hello.... A-are... Are you alright?" Even her stutter was cute... I felt my cheeks heat up slightly, I only nod. Looking away and at the pond, she leaned on the side of the bridge, her arms crossed over each other, I glance down then back up at the pond.

"I.... I always come here when... I want to clear my head..." Hearing how sad she said the last part I look at her,

"Clear your head...?" That was the first time I spoke in a few months... My voice was slightly raspy and deep, making her look at me,

"Mhmm..." She hums, "I-I'm (Y/N).... What's your name...?" She looks up at me, curiosity nipping at her, I could tell by her eyes... They were now more focused and filled with wonder...

"Eye-..... Jack...." She tilts her head,

"Jack? Heheh, that's a nice name..." She smiles shyly, looking out at the pond, I hear her sigh,

"Well... Sorry to leave but... My dad would be upset if i'm not home before midnight..." She shivers slightly,

"M-Maybe... See you again?" I nod,

"Sure.... But.... Only at night...." I said softly, she smiles,

"Heh, I'd rather it be night... Hate being at this park during the day." She chuckles softly then started walking away, and that's the first time in my life....

I smiled...

~Flashback end~

((I know thats not how you "truly met" but... I wanted to change it just a little... So dont hate me XD))