Introduction

Saturday, November 4th, 2017

Nelly St. N

6:08 PM

Hoseok was glad it was the weekend. The small convenience store he worked at was closed on Saturday and Sunday. He never really knew why, but it gave him time to enjoy the small town he ran away to years ago, and all its beauty.

The street lights left a golden glow on the ash vault streets, and the smiling townspeople left a warm feeling in Hoseoks heart. Dogs could be seen on every corner, and a friendly wave given by the owner.

The narrow sidewalks were just big enough for two people to walk side by side, but with constant pushes and accidental hand touching. Hoseok enjoyed watching all the couples laugh and stare into each others eyes with such admiration. He always craved what they had. He craved the love and affection, the acceptance from another human being.

He kicked a rock in front of him, trying to see how far it could go before he had to run after it.

All of a sudden snow started to fill the sky, white dots scattered every inch of the long street. Hoseok didn't notice the grey skies showing a sign of the already falling snow. He didn't realise his cheeks getting hotter, more flush, either until the mint haired man bumped into his shoulder, giving a quick "sorry" before speeding off again.

He didn't even have time to say it back,before the stranger was in complete darkness. It was Hoseoks fault anyways, it was his rock.

He got a slight glance of the mans eyes. The moonlight perfectly illuminated them like a spotlight. Those eyes. They reminded Hoseok of why he liked winter so much. The colours, the safety of the snow.

He kept walking like nothing happened. He shuffled along the sidewalk before reaching a small picture store. Fake photos of families and couples hidden behind the glass of wooden picture frames. Although Hoseok knew they were fake smiles, merely just photos, he still was jealous. He wanted a place to call home. The small town wasn't even enough. He felt greedy.

He faced the street, humming a sweet song he heard play through his car on the way to the grocery store.

Those eyes. His heart clenched his chest. It was almost like those eyes were a family member or a spouse. Why was Hoseok feeling this way?

Hoseok tilted his back, closed his eyes and let the snow embrace him into a cold, comforting hug, as his cherry red cheeks kept him warm, and the mint haired stranger occupied his mind.