Chapter 1

Picture of Claire above ^
"Claire get the fuck up!" My brother Ian yelled. "What the shit?" I asked then glanced at my alarm clock. 8:03 AM. My eyes darted to my closet and I sprinted to it, desperate for a mid cute outfit for the last day of school. My mind said sweatpants but my heart said to look like I at least tried. I yawned as I decided on an off the should black shirt as I tucked it in my denim mini skirt and threw on my white vans. I didn't bother to do any makeup so I just put on some lip gloss and threw on my backpack.

I am 17 currently and so ready to be 18

I am 17 currently and so ready to be 18. But I'm also ready to get to move to Hawaii. I'm ready for a lot of things but one of them is not facing the truth. The truth about my past and the present. The truth about me. My life. My family. My situation.
I yawn once again as I scramble to the kitchen to grab a water bottle. Food can wait. I rush out the door and hop in my BMW. I call her Summer. Obviously because summer is my favorite season. Who doesn't love summer? My family isn't the richest family but we aren't broke. Summer is by far my favorite gift and I'm not one of those snobby bitches who don't give a damn about what they get.Right now he's off on a business trip so I have to stay at home with Ian.
I pull into the parking lot of our high school and rush to make it into Science. As soon as I step into the room all eyes land on me. Including Luke Cason's eyes. Fuck. As he looks me up and down I start to blush. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He grins at me and I start to look around for my seat. This little shit named Marcus had taken my seat. As soon as I start to have rude thoughts about him Mr. Dellinger suggests I take the seat beside Luke before he gives me detention for being late to class. I try to explain but he shuts me up and points to the empty desk. Why me? Luke gives me a smirk as I fake a smile.
Luke is the school's major player. Currently he's dating some average slut named Catherine.God knows when I would ever peep a word to that whore. Its not that I'm afraid of her, I just honestly don't want to have girl drama with someone that's not even worth my time. I definitely won't miss neither of them. As soon as class is over and the bell rings I rush outside before Mr. Dellinger or Luke can talk to me. I quickly jog towards my friend Jamie. Jamie has been my friend for 5 years now. I wish my friend Julia was here also, but she decided on skipping out on today. We all agreed after the day was over we'd go to her house for the night. As soon as we said our goodbyes I started to head to History. I start to wonder where Ian is because usually he greets me after Science. He likes to pester me about the stupidest things but it's better than him not talking to anyone like he did when Mom passed away. Suddenly I get a call from Ian's phone. I quickly answer and start asking where he's been. Then there's silence. Ian had been in a serious car wreck..