Chapter 19

A/N: So, for all of you who received a  Chapter 20 update, please take note that this is only Chapter 19 and I gaalti se mistake pressed the publish button instead of the save button by accident #perksofwritingonaphone 😅😅😅 Sorry!!!

And I've decided to take a suggestion from LilKattyNina and add "English Subtitles" in bold... I'll revisit the older chapters to add them in as well so, sorry in advanced for spamming your notifications😅

Also, Tan Tana Tan / Chalti Hai Kya 9 Se 12 is out and I'm kinda disappointed honestly... 🙁 It sounded so awesome in the trailer!!! Maybe let's wait for the full audio release to see if it can redeem itself... 🙃 Other than that, Jackie is cute as af!!! (As usual) Taapsee Pannu is amazing!!! And VD is welllll... VD... 😂😂😂 (Vid in the description😜)

Alrighty, to the story... Enjoy!!!

***

After a game of hide and seek with the media, Raina and Kabir managed to get into Kabir's room without any incidents.

"So," Raina said as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "What happened last night?"

Kabir sat down next to her.

"I ran into Tara," he revealed. "I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to disturb anyone so I went on a walk."

"And what happened when you ran into her?" Raina asked. Kabir could tell she had already switched into her 'therapist/psychiatrist mode'.

"She apologized to me," he continued. "And then she told me that she loved me, just not the same way as I loved her."

"Ok," Raina replied, a bit shocked. "And how does that make you feel?"

"Confused," he told her. Honestly, Kabir didn't even know what to feel. No one had braced him for this. Tara told him that she still loved him... But not in the way he loves her... Does she still love him or is she trying to tell him something or... "Do you know what she meant by that? Since, you're also a girl."

"I wouldn't know what she really meant by that," Raina answered truthfully. "But I think she wants closure to it. She is starting a new chapter of her life and she doesn't want to be tied down to her guilt and her past."

"But what if I don't want to forgive her?" Kabir asked.

"Then," Raina replied. "You'll not only be hurting her, but you'll also be hurting yourself at the same time. Grudges and revenge are some of the things that will make you hurt even more. You see, humans glorify the unnecessary pain and agony others go through to achieve something in order to make themselves feel better. Sometimes, things are just easy, you know? People just complicate them."

Kabir nodded.

"Are you saying I should forgive her immediately?" Kabir asked. "What if I'm not ready?"

"Then forgive her only when you're ready," she advised. "But Kabir, learn to forgive yourself also. From what I can see, you're also hurting because you keep on blaming yourself. You think you did something wrong to her but sometimes, somethings just don't work out, it happens. And when you finally do forgive yourself, it's the most liberating feeling ever."

"And how do I do that?" Kabir questioned.

"There's no fixed formula," Raina answered. "Maybe just try not to be too hard on yourself. Hating and blaming yourself won't solve anything. It may even worsen the problem."