- A Pain In The Butt -

"You know, I do have an antiseptic ointment. I suggest you to use it."

"I'm good. Thank you for your concern." He stressed on the word 'concern' by quoting it with his fingers. I rolled my eyes at him.

Fine!! I did behave badly after he helped me dodge the fatal accident. But what he did last night was way worse. That one fact made me stiffen up and continue to act rigid. "Whatever you wish dude." I replied.

We've been trying to find our way back since forever, yelling the names of our fellow campers at random intervals, especially Roni's and Ethan's names. Our shouts echoed through the forest, but we were doubtful if it reached their ears because we haven't received any sort of response or help.

Eventually, we reached a stream of water. It was more like a mini waterfall and we decided to clean our wounds in it. It was easy to soothe the bruises but the cuts were dead painful. I flinched every time I sprinkled a few drops of water on them and gently held onto the bigger cuts for the wound to heal itself. This made me worry about Gray's deep cut on his shoulder. Just when I thought about it, he groaned loudly in pain as he poured some water on the wound.

And now, he refuses to apply medicine even when I'm offering him some. I shook my head and started applying the ointment on my own wounds, using a pea sized amount to apply on two wounds at the same time. I wanted to conserve the ointment for further use.

He then took off his soiled shirt.

Faaaak !!! Those chiseled biceps !!! Was it really necessary for him to take his shirt off and reveal those abs ?? Oh noh, there is zero way I can fall for them at this point of time.

He caught me staring. Hell yeah I'm screwed.

I immediately turned my head sideways. From the corner of my eye I saw him notice my ignorance attempt and a smirk crept upon his face. Great. Just great.

"That was not intentional. But I don't owe you an apology. I've had that effect on girls so it's nothing new," and he cringed me out for the second time on this camping trip. Only this time he did it on purpose. I closed my eyes tight shut, inhaled a deep breath and exhaled in a huff. He giggled at my reaction.

"You wish." I mimicked his voice. I slowly turned my eyes followed by my head back towards him, and saw him rolling his shirt and flinging it over his shoulder. He was now struggling to tie it over his shoulder, the knot being formed under his armpit. He was actually tying a soiled shirt as a dressing to his deep wound !! That's just going to infect it even more !! I don't regret calling him a psycho.

"At least wash th-" I was interrupted by the stern look he gave back. He didn't want any sort of advice. This 'I'm a man, I can take care of myself' attitude had started to tick me off. I threw my hands up saying, "Alright. I won't say anything. I don't exist. I'm a ghost. You know what's the best part ? I can fly back and catch up with the others and you'll be stuck here struggling with that filthy shirt."

"Calm your imagination and be quiet please," he said, still struggling with the knot. I frowned and sighed.

Eventually, he gave up as he couldn't tie a strong knot. This frustrated him and he rashly hit the stream waters with his shirt. He kept lashing his shirt on to the water over and over again. I sniggered on the sight, he looked hilariously possessed while doing so.

Exhaling loudly, he got up from his kneeling position and walked up to me, towering upon me yet again. "Give me your phone," he ordered me and extended a hand. I raised a brow looking up at him.

He puckered his lips in annoyance and rolled his eyes. "I need a friggen compass to get back here. I'm gonna go look for firewood. It's getting dark and I have no clue when the authorities will send help. You stay right here and dare you move from the spot."

I disliked the way he gave quick instructions, but he did make sense. Letting out a sigh, I grabbed my bag pack. Normally I put my phone in the front pocket, but today, that turned out to be a wrong decision. My jaw dropped as I took it out and stared at it in horror. The screen was shattered and it was glitching at intervals. First I lose my camera and now I see my phone's ill luck.

"I can take care of that. Me and E have broken several phones, we still figure out a way to continue using em," he said. I looked up at him, a suspicious look on my face. He seemed to have read my mind and he then spoke, "I'm not a sucker to go through your gallery or social media. Just the compass, and maybe the camera. That's it. Now trust me and give me your phone."

I looked back at my phone, worried for it. There was zero network, which assured me that he won't ditch me in the forest to catch up with our squad. I hope he won't misuse it in any way, and did he just say he may use the phone camera ?? What for ??

"Stop daydreaming will you," he leaned down and grabbed my phone, snatching it away from my hand. I clenched my fist and mentally counted to 10 to calm myself.

Without looking back up, I spoke, "Okay fine. I'm trusting you to not misuse it. And I don't want to stay alone out here all night, so come back as soon as possible."

He smirked. "Someone wanted to be left alone an hour back. What happened ?? Kitty is scared now ??"

I loved sarcastic comments but hated them when used against me. "Just go please." I flipped him off. He grinned and walked away into the woods. Damn, he sure had a well built bod.

Oh hang on, he didn't ask for my phone password. I saw him using it while he walked away. Wait a sec.....
HOW DOES HE KNOW MY PHONE PASSWORD ??!!

I ran my fingers through my hair and gave up on mentally stressing myself. So I grabbed my bag pack, got up and walked a few steps away from the banks of the stream. Under a tree, I took shelter. I fished for eatables in my bag pack but found only a pack of cup noodles and a twix bar, both crushed.

"OH GOD WHY ??!!" I yelled to myself as my voice echoed in my surroundings. Sighing loudly, I took out the messy twix bar and ate it like a 5 year old kid. Chocolate was smeared across my mouth, but I didn't give a shit. Me and Roni have been a sucker for chocolates from our toddler days. I missed her so bad. I wish I could reunite with her and the squad right now, right away.

Why did this camping trip take such an unfortunate turn ?? Why couldn't it continue progressing the way it happily began ??

----------------

So hello there, hope y'all are doing well and taking good care of yourselves 💕

This chapter's ending was a little like a cliffhanger I agree, but things will fall in place as you read the story further 😁

What inspired me the max while writing this chapter was the boys and their adventures in the wild back home in Jersey. Their latest video makes me want to book the next flight to Jersey right away 😍😍😍

RUNNER RUNNER IS PLAYING ON LOOP IN MY PLAYLIST !!! Pretty sure that's the case with most of you too 😃🙌🎶

So if y'all like this chapter ( which again I've edited like 10 times before posting tbh 😛 ) do vote and comment your review. Not gonna lie, feedbacks are something I truly love receiving and value em with all my heart☺

AND THE TCAs ARE IN 3 FRIGGEN DAYS IF YOU COUNT EVEN TODAY !!!! I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO EACH OF THE FOUR'S OUTFITS, THEIR INTERVIEWS, BUT MOSTLY THEM WINNING THE SURFBOARDS AND HOPEFULLY AN INTERACTION WITH ONE ANOTHER. ETHANICA AND GRAYNESSA MOMENTS TO BE PRECISE 😍😍😍😭😭❤❤❤

Kay I'm calm, BUT I CANT GET ENOUGH OF THE TCAs HYPE !!!! ( Dolan Twins' DIY challenge video reference 😜 )

Signing off for now, and keep smiling. It suits each one of you and no one can deny that 😄❤