The Tutor

Beca got up from her seat the moment the class was over and she hurried just as Mr. McConnell sat down with a sigh

"Excuse me, Mr. McConnell?" Beca said.

"Oh hi Beca!" He said with a smile.

"Listen I got an E in my last test and... I don't know what the hell I can do next." Beca said.

"Well Beca, I advise you to study harder. I can tutor you if you want." The man said.

"Oh! You?" Beca asked and he nodded. "I thought it could be a student."

"It can, but who better than your own teacher to help you?" He said.

"I guess you're right. So can we start.. on Wednesday?"

"Wednesday works for me." He nodded slowly. "Come to my house, anytime after 3 works."

"Okay that works because I have Bellas practice until 4." Beca said as he scribbled down his address on a little piece of paper.

"Okay." Mr. McConnell smiled up at the brunette as he handed her the address. "Starting this week."

"Yes." Beca said. "Thank you, Mr. McConnell."

Beca left a bit cursing herself. She wanted Stacie to be her tutor, not the teacher. She was just going to have to endure it.

oO0Oo

Chloe smiled as her girlfriend approached her in the quad after Bellas practice on Wednesday to eat something before going to her teacher's house.

"Hey!" She said and grinned when Beca kissed her.

"Hey!"

"How are you doing? Nervous?" Chloe asked as Beca took out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from her purse.

"Just a bit. The teacher is just creepy." Beca shrugged.

"Hey girlies." Stacie joined them with her own sandwich.

"Hey Stace." Beca said as Chloe wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"So Beca tell me afterwards how your tutoring goes with Mr. McConnell." Stacie said with a smirk and a bite at her sandwich.

Beca rolled her eyes as Stacie laughed.

"Yeah yeah alright girls. I gotta go." Beca said. She got her trash, kissed her girlfriend again before standing up. "Talk to you guys later!"

"Love you babe!" Chloe called out.

"Love you too!" Beca said without turning around.

Beca got her car from the Bellas house and drove to Mr. McConnell's house. He lived in a small two story house, it looked quite nice and it wasn't far from campus.

"Beca! My girl! Come on in!" Mr. McConnell was wearing a short sleeved polo shirt and a vest over it. He let Beca in and followed close to her to the dining room.

Beca awkwardly sat down, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. She saw pictures of a teenage boy and girl along with baby pictures of probably the same and she assumed Mr. McConnell was divorced.

"Are those your kids?" She asked.

"Yeah, they are in high school." Mr. McConnell said. "They live with my ex-wife across town."

"Nice." Beca said awkwardly.

"Take a seat, would you like anything to drink or eat?" Mr. McConnell asked.

"No thanks." She said as he sat next to her.

The lesson started okay, but Mr. McConnell put his chair too close to Beca and he kept his left arm around her the entire time.