four

After a lot of pain and suffering, Mitch fell asleep so I could talk to Dylan. Well, I had to opportunity before the human started crawling out of me. 

"You are seven centimeters dilated, are you ready to push?" I nodded at the nurse's statement. In reality I was scared out of my mind. Mitch was passed out in the hallway. 

"Dylan, can  you wake up Mitch?" I asked, I wanted to have Dylan by my side but Mitch was my husband and he would kill if he missed this. 

"Baby, I am here." Mitch came running in almost falling over. He came to my bedside, grabbing my hand.  I grasped his hand tightly as he leaned in to kiss my forehead. 

"Alright, push on three." The nurse said and so I did. As a living thing was coming out of my body, Dylan came over and grabbed my other hand. 

--An Hour Later-- 

Willow Grace Marner was officially real. She was in our arms.  I was so happy to have her, All the pain was worth it. She definitely had Dylan in her. She was 20 minutes old and all I could see when I looked at this beautiful girl, was Dylan. I needed to tell him but how? How would I even tell my husband. This whole situation is messed up and awful. But it happened and it needs to be resolved before I lose it. 

My little girl was healthy and beautiful. We could all go home, as a family. A corrupt one at that. I was sore and weak. All I wanted to do was sleep, and rid of my secrets. I have to tell Mitch and soon. Maybe in the next couple of days. I want my baby girl to meet her dad as soon as possible. 

--A Week Later--

Mitch was holding Willow in his arms. I walked up slowly to the two of them. 

"Mitchell, we need to talk,"  I said softly, I sat next to them on the couch. My hands were starting to shake. I pulled the Paternity test from my back pocket.  I handed the envelope to my husband. "It was stupid and I regret it. I love you Mitch so that is why I am telling  you. I'm sorry for everything and I hope that somewhere in that huge heart of yours, you can forgive me." by the end of it I was in tears. I got took Willow from Mitch and walked out of the room. I left so he could be alone with the envelope. I was fully prepared to see a different side of Mitch. He was never angry or mad but I think he will be soon. I heard footsteps and a door slam. I walked out slowly with the baby girl in my hands. I heard him peel out of the driveway and speed down the street. He had every right to drive away from me and her. Willow was not his and he needed to let that sink in. 

--Dylan's POV--

I was five beers in. Sitting on the couch with the company of the football game. I wanted Harper as company.  All I wanted to do was run into Harper's arm with her newborn. But she was with Mitch and I needed to respect that. He was chosen. Not me. I just wish I knew how to tell her I still loved her. I miss her and I am afraid that if I do not get over her now, I never will. 

The knock on the door interrupted my drunken, reoccurring thoughts. I pulled myself off of the couch, I aggressively grabbed my beer and took another slug of it before walking to the door. The person just kept knocking.

"Dammit, I am coming!" I screamed and made my way over. I grabbed the knob and twisted it to reveal- 

"Ow, you ass!" I screamed at Mitch after he had clocked me in the jaw. 

"That is for sleeping with my wife!" He screamed so loud he must have told the whole town. 

"What can I say, I am a motherfucker, literally," I said smiling slightly "oh and please don't punch me again it hurt so bad the first time." I said mockingly. Mitch then kicked me in the nuts and walked away scoffing. Why did she tell Mitch its been so long. Hell it has been, holy shit it has been 9 months. I grabbed my jacket and drove furiously to Harper's place. 

--Harper's POV-- 

It had been 30 minutes and no sign of Mitch. I understood though. I will give him all the time he needs but for right now, I also need to tell Dylan. I grabbed my phone and started to call him but then there was a knock. I knew it was not Mitch cause why would he knock. I opened it to see the man that I had been longing for. Luke Hemmings. Nah, I am just kidding, it was Dylan. He looked worried and confused. 

"What's wrong?" I asked 

"I think we need to talk." He said pushing himself past me. 

"Please, come in." I said softly and slammed the door. I wanted him here but if Mitch came home, Dylan really should not be here. 

"What were you going to tell me in the hospital?" he asked plopping himself on our couch. 

"Dylan." I spoke softly and walked over to sit next to him. 

"Tell me." He demanded.

------

SPICY SPICyYYYYYYYyy

insta- m.marner

tumblr- tbhmarner

twitter- mitchymarns

comment, vote, love