Chapter 34

I am so sorry,  I feel evil for leaving it this long to get an update up but when I finished my exams and turned on my laptop to write the new chapter, I got one of the worst cases of writers block I've ever had but I am really sorry for not updating sooner because the longer I didn't write anything the harder it got. But I know you're not here to read my apologies so without further ado..... here's the new  chapter.

*****************************************************************                                                    

Ichigo's pov

We leapt into the glowing blue light and felt the now familiar feeling of falling through the air. The familiar sight of Karakura town reached my eyes. I was suddenly filled with a feeling of dread as the concrete rapidly approached. The screams of the others reached my ears along with a cry of "I don't want to be a pancake!" From Naruto. I felt an arm wrap around me and I saw Luffy grabbing a hold of everyone and pulling us above him.

With a yell of "Gum-gum balloon!" Luffy took in a huge gasp of air and inflated to a huge size. We stared at him in shock.

"What the hell is that!?" I yelled pointing at the 'balloon' below us.

"I'm guessing that it's our landing pad." Neji replied.

"Will that even work?" Naruto asked, shouting over the wind rushing past our ears.

"Well it looks like we're about to find out." Shikamaru stated. The rest of us looked down to see the concrete approaching quickly. Luffy collided with the ground and less than a second later, the rest of us landed on luffy. Completely unharmed.

"Wow, that was a softer landing than I thought it would be."Natsu commented after we jumped of Luffy and he began to deflate.

"Hey Luffy, how did you know that would work?" I asked as I stretched my arms checking myself over for injuries just to be safe.

"Oh, I do this all the time to make soft landings and stop cannon balls when I'm out with my crew." He replied smiling.

I once again felt a pang of sympathy for Luffy's crew.

"So this is where you're from, huh Ichigo?" Natsu asked glancing around at the street. "Kinda quiet."

"Yeah, but it's usually pretty busy. The high street is just over there so there's usually a lot of shoppers coming by here." I answered pointing to where the first brightly-coloured shop could be seen. "The shops must be closed, that's why there's not many people around."

"It's not just that there aren't many people around." Shikamaru drawled. "There's no-one. The street's completely empty. You'd think that there would be some people out even if the shops are closed and not just that but we just fell out of the sky screaming and no-one's come investigating. Doesn't that seem a little strange to you?" He asked glancing suspiciously at the nearby houses.

"So what are you saying?" I turned to Shikamaru, "You think there's something going on here?"

"Well, it's possible that- oh what a drag" He groaned. "It's possible that the guys who kidnapped you are already here."

As soon as those words left the ninja's mouth, we were surrounded by arrancar. 

Natsu's pov

The arrancar had us surrounded and we prepared to fight; Naruto, Neji and Shikamaru each formed various hand signs, Ichigo reached for Kon in his pocket and I consumed my hands in flames whilst Luffy and Lee took up fighting stances. Right as the arrancar were getting close enough to hit, the tempurature dropped. Suddenly every arrancar as wiped out by a huge dragon of ice. An unknown figure appeared on a rooftop, pointing his sword towards the sky.