Chapter 4.

Goodness everyone. It's been so long! More laptop issues and a new little puppy later, I'm pushing out this chapter! I'm sorry this has taken so long, I'll try to make these updates more periodic. Thanks for reading!

.

.

         After Marco and the little boy went back to Afterlife, I went to the memorial service that the boy's spirit had just left. The mother was just staring wide-eyed at the casket. It reminded me of the first time I really met Marco.

.

.

       It was three in the morning. I sat in my bedroom with pictures of my family scattered around me,  tears running down my face and smearing some of the ink on some Poloroids.

I reached shakily under my pillow for the bag of pills that I had slowely accumulated over the past few weeks. Opening the plastic bag I held the small tablets in my hand.

"Please don't do that." I voice from the other side of the room startled me.

"Get out; who the hell are you?"

"How do you not remember me?"

The voice was familier, smooth and peaceful. But you could tell that the voice could easily turn harsh and fearless.

He stepped into the moonlight cast by the blinds of the room. He looked like he had never seen the sun, or that he had a sickness that would never get treated.

"Marco." he whispered and stuck his hand out to shake. although when I took his hand in mine it felt as though nothing was really there. I could clearly see his hand in mine; but the feeling wasn't there.

"Carter. but you already seem to know me."

"Oh, but you know me as well; you're just blocking out the memories." He whispered.

He picked up one of the pictures from my lap and gently rubbed his thumb over the tear stain that was cast over my sisters beautiful face. The picture was from her eighth birthday party, she had a Spider-Man cake. All the girls laughed at her for having a 'boy cake' she just  kicked them in their under developed crotches. She was pretty cool.

"I miss them so much," I whispered softly to myself.

He sat next to me and gave me a light hug.

"I know,' he responded ,"I was there when it happened."

Then I remembered. The boy from the crash, the one who comforted me. The one who made everyone think I was crazy.

He was the one.

As soon as I made my realization he blended in with the moonlight in the room.

.

.

I know it's short, but it's because the next chapter is gonna be a crazy mess! I hope I didnt loose too many readers in this break between chapters

Love you all, and remember...

Vote, Read, Enjoy!