Chapter 4

Shadow's POV

I smirked as I looked back at Vio. She was laughing at the Cyclops running in terror.

"Heh." I walked over to the Dark Mirror and laid my hand on its dark surface. "This is the Dark Mirror! It provides us with unlimited Dark Power. It's like a Dark Fountain. As long as we have this mirror, we're invincible."

"I see..." I draped my arm around her shoulders and gently squeezed her right shoulder before leading her out of the tower. It looked like she was lost in thought as we headed back to her room. "Say Shadow, about what we were saying earlier, is it possible to defeat Ganon using that mirror?"

"I don't think so. All the mirror can do is give power to the king of darkness." I wondered where she was going with this. "If there is such a possibility...that would be when Princess Zelda lends her power to the heroes, right? That's why we can't have Princess Zelda escape the Sky-Tall tower of the Wind Palace."

"Sky-Tall...tower..." I could practically hear the wheels in her beautiful head turning. "Ok then, why don't we use Princess Zelda and defeat Ganon!!"

"What?!" I turned to see her excited expression. I hadn't thought I would hear such a suggestion from my queen.

"That way the whole world will be ours! We can both be the rulers of this world!" I loved seeing the passion for conquest blazing in her eyes. I grinned back at her as the idea took root. It wasn't a bad idea, either. Why should we only rule one small kingdom when we could rule the world?

"I see, ok! Let's give it a try!" I wrapped my arm back around her shoulders and laughed. "Vio, you're an excellent girlfriend."

"Aw, shucks." She blushed as I leaned my face next to hers.

"No, I mean it. I feel I have finally met a trustworthy ally." I smiled as I gazed into her eyes. "This is one of the reasons I love you, Vio."

"I love you too, Shadow." I grinned as we fell onto her bed together. I felt like the luckiest man in the world to have her by my side.

"Let me show you just how much I love you, my dear Violet." I tugged her tunic away from her neck and started trailing kisses down her lovely throat.

"Only if you'll let me show you my love as well, my Shadow Lover." I groaned as she tugged my cap off and ran her fingers through my hair. It was hours later that we both fell into an exhausted sleep, wrapped so tightly around each other that I didn't know where she began and I ended.

A few days later, Gufuu ordered me to take Vio with me on my mission to destroy the forest surrounding Death Mountain. It was an exciting day for me since I would finally be able to show my queen how powerful I was. I settled Vio behind me on my black and violet dragon, Onyx, and summoned the power of the volcano.

"Alright, it's time for our first destruction!! Do your worst, Death Mountain!!" I laughed as the forest creatures ran from the fire and lava that fell to destroy them. "Swallow up the forest!"

I smirked as Vio leaned against my back. Her awed expression filled me with pride at my capabilities.

"What do you think, Vio?"

"Amazing, so this is the power of the darkness?" I laughed and stood up as I looked down on the blazing world beneath us.

"Next is the human town! We'll burn everything down and create a black horizon!" I grinned as I thought of those humans running from me. "To those humans who always looked down upon shadows, I'll show them my mighty true powers!"

Vio and I watched as the land around our kingdom fell to ash and ruin from on top of Onyx. It was an amazing feeling to hold my queen in my arms as we claimed our future kingdom and world. When darkness snuffed out the light, I would be king of all shadows and we will take our rightful place at the top. No longer would we be ignored and disregarded by our light counterparts.