New school

I grab my backpack, my beanie, and run down the stairs. Tripping over the last one my ma caught me before I faceplanted into the hardwood.
"Be more careful Sean," she said. She handed me a hashbrown.
"Go on, I know you're excited" she nodded to the door. I kissed her cheek and ran into the street.
'St. Agatha High school' I read the sign in front of a dark building.
"This is it?!" I said to myself.
" Yep. You were expecting something more?" Said a deep voice from behind me. I spun around and saw a boy, he had raven hair, chocolate eyes, and was wearing the schools purple uniform.
"My names Mark," he held out his hand, " would you like me to show you around?"
"What about our first class? Wont we be late?" I asked him.
He shook his head, chuckling as he did so.
"School doesn't start for a hour or so." He walked past me and pushed the large doors back to enter the building. 'Ok then' I thought and followed suit. He showed me the cafeteria, gymnasium, classrooms and the janitors closet? 'Why would I need to know where the janitors closet is?'
"Wheres the bathroom?" I asked looking for a restroom sign.
"This way," he said, walking down a long hallway. The entire school was dimly lit, the walls were crumbling, and just all in all, had a really bad creep factor to it.
He pointed to a tinted green door on the left wall.
"This ones the boys," he pointed across the hall to another green door," girls." I nodded.
" Please dont forget which ones which." He said.
"I wont, promise." I said giggling.
"Well you've seen the entire building, what do you think?" He asked me.
"I think, Im gonna like it here." Mark smiled at me.
"Thats nice to hear. I dont think I ever got your name." He stated.
"Oh! Sorry, Im Sean but you can call me Jack." I said to him sticking my hand in front of me as he had done. He went to shake it but turned around and walked away before we could touch. He looked behind his back, and yelled, "Payback!!" At my astonished face. 'Oh yeah, I didnt shake his hand.' I thought, mentally slapping myself, I jogged to catch up to Mark.

Thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate it. See you guys in the next chapter!👋👋