The investigation

Police have arrived on the scene and are investigating.
Detectives James Hoffman
and his partner Elias Garcia are in charge of this investigation.

James is a tall 30 year old man
with shaggy brown hair
and hazel eyes.
Jame's parents were murdered when he was a kid and he had to witness it,
that's why he decided to be in this industry, to help people let go knowing the killers are gone.

Elias is a 27 year old man with short blone hair and blue eyes. He had lost his older sister when he was 15 and needed her the most. His mom went into a deep depression afterwards and ended up committing suicide.
His sister's killer still hasn't been identified. Elias swore that he would find any killer that he could and bring justice.

Hoffman and Garcia have common goals and back stories, that is why they make such a powerful team. Garcia and Hoffman have such a strong friendship...they never thought that it could be destroyed so easily.

" Hoffman!" yelled Elias gesturing James to come over.
James stands up from examining the mom's lifeless body and walks over to where Elias was standing by the front door.
" Found anything useful about the killer?" James asked standing by Elias.
" Yes actually. Turns out the Underwood's had a 16 year old daughter named Carrie. Her blood and fingerprints are everywhere, looks like she's the murderer and a sloppy one".
" Good work Garcia, are there any pictures of her?" James asks.
" Ah yes" Elias says as he hands James the picture.

James examines the picture of Carrie. Her long dirty blonde hair, her green/grayish eyes. Her rosy pink cheeks and her once soft smile. She looked so happy.
" whatever happened to this poor girl? Maybe I can help her, bring her back...UGH no, she's a murderer and she has to be stopped". These are the things that run through James head as he looks at the picture.

" Hey Hoffman, you ok?" Elias ask noticing James losing a little color. " I'm just fine" he responds handing Elias the picture back, bringing himself to smile, Shakeing off the thoughts that were just running through his head. " I'm going to go inspect the dad upstairs" James says, Elias nodding in agreement.

Elias watches James walk up the stairs, hearing the floorboards creaking under his feet. " with floors like this, no wonder her mom was caught"  Elias thinks to himself. He looks at the picture of Carrie and his heart drops.
His stomach turns into a knot and his head feels fuzzy.
" Carrie looks so much like Amelia". 
Amelia was Elias's sister.
" I have to help her. She's just a poor girl, she needs a therapist, someone who understands.
That's what my mom needed..." These are the thoughts that fill Elias's mind.

James bends down next to Carrie's dad and notices his eyes. The blood. The tears. Her mom looks the same way. Scared and like they've been dead for days instead of a few hours. James can't keep looking into the man's eyes, he closes them gently with his fingers. His skin is so cold, but yet so warm from the blood.
James pulls his hand back quickly, feeling chills go up his spine. He hears the floorboards creak and turns around to see Elias holding a folder in his left hand.
" I have more information about the Underwood's" Elias says holding the folder out. James stands up and takes the folder..and begins reading.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

( sorry this took a while to write and ik it's short. I'll make the next chapter soon and leave me feedback - comments, complaints, criticism. Thank you for reading)