The Waiting Game.

Summer's POV

I stood at the airport, after my 2 hour flight back to Malibu. I was desperate to get back home. Whenever I tell someone that I live in Malibu, they automatically tell me I'm a rich bitch, snob, daddy's girl ect;.

In fact I'm not. Well, we are rich.. But that's not the point.

I'm just Summer Randy. I am really desperate to get home, so I called a cab and spent about 20 minutes getting home. Why am I so desperate to get home? There is one special person that I have been dying to see. His name is Jarrod, and he's like a brother to me. We spend almost every minute of our lives together, except for this one time. So, it means a lot to see him right now. Our parents were cheerleaders together, and have been friends ever since, so we grew up together.

Tomorrow, I have to start school for the year.

Jarrod usually takes me to school, in his black Ferrari. He's usually sleeping in our house anyway, so he doesn't have to rush to get here.

I'm not a super nerdy freak, but I'm smart enough. But I also have my special talent. Apart from singing, dancing and cheerleading.

As soon as I open the door to my house, this massive thing throws me into their arms and covers me in big bear hugs and their tears. Since when did big bears cry? Oh, its just Jarrod.. What a wuss ;)

We spend all night cuddling, and talking about what both of us did all night. I couldn't find my mum, so I figured she would be in her study.

My mum is a famous designer, Kate O'Brien. We never really get to spend any time together, because she's busy designing the hottest outfit ever. So that's why I have Jarrod, and his parents. My dad died in a car accident 3 years ago. I was a daddy's girl, because mum was never really around for me. He worked as a film director, so he spent some time in Hollywood.

Jarrod decided to stay the night, He just sleeps in my bed. It's not creepy, or awkward, because we have done it since we were kids.

I love it when I fall asleep in his arms, because he keeps me warm at night, and I know he's always with me.

I wake up in the morning, with Jarrod's arms still around me.

I slither out of his arms and jump out of bed trying hard not to wake him up. I grab my white shorts, three-quarter purple tank top, black pumps and my make-up and head for the shower.

By the time I'm out, Jarrod's awake, and having a shower in the Master Bathroom. We usually just get breakfast from the café down the road, so I have plenty of time to chill before school.

Jarrod's POV

I can't wait till Summer gets home, I've almost cried every night that she hasn't been here. I miss having her in my arms, to hold tight and I never want to let go. She's been gone for only 2 weeks, but it seems like forever. We have never spent so long apart from each other, we're practically inseparable. I think I can hear her cab coming in through the front gate. I prepare myself, and praying that I won't hurt her as soon as I tackle her to the ground with hugs.

As soon as I hear the door handle click, I jump off the couch and jump on Summer. She looks so beautiful. I missed seeing her beautiful face, and the way she looks at me just melts my heart. Oh dear, here come the waterworks. She's probably thinking I'm a wuss, because I do this when we are watching movies together too. It's quite sad.

We spent the rest of the night talking about what both of us did without each other. It felt great to have her in my arms again.

"I missed you so much baby girl" I whispered

"I missed you more!" She yelled and tackled me to the ground.

We spent an hour arguing over who missed each other more, I eventually won because I shoved a sock in her mouth. Literally.

I told her she should get some sleep, because we have school tomorrow. She goes and gets ready, and I'm lying in her bed waiting. Summer doesn't know this yet, but I've been in love with her for ages. She would never be in love with me, She just see's me as a brother, nothing more. But I will wait as long as it takes, because I have found no one as special to me as her.

She jumps into bed, and I move over and wrap my arms around her, just like every other night. Every time I hug her, I get a chill sent through me and my heart starts beating faster. Soon enough, I'm dreaming about me and Summer together forever.

Summer's POV

As usual, Jarrod and I had breakfast at the local café.

It was 8:45, and time to head for school, or we'll be late. Wouldn't be a good idea for the first day back at school. Jarrod parks the car, and I jump out and run to our group of friends who were mucking around and chatting. As soon as they saw us approach, they screamed and bombarded us with hugs.

"Looking smokin' Sum" said Sleazy Simon.

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I saw Jarrod death staring him then he walked into school.

"Gee, thanks Sy.." I replied.

I turned around just in time to see this white truck roaring towards the parking spot near me. The white truck wasn't exactly white, it was dented and battered with scratches along the sides.

"Yo Summer! C'mon, we'll be late!" yelled Jarrod.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming!!" I yell back, turning around and walking towards school.

"What were you looking at?" Jarrod asks as he puts his arm around me.

"Oh, nothing.."

Just then, I heard this loud creaking noise, like a door in a horror movie. I turn to see where the noise was coming from, and my eyes focused on the white truck and the figure stepping out of the car.. But before I could look any longer, Jarrod drags me towards my first class.

Jarrod's POV

Walking into school again, reminds me of the great times I've actually had at school. Especially with Summer.

I was watching Sleazy Simon trying to hit on Summer. He's known as the sleaze, well.. because he's a sleaze. I just stared at the two of them. How could Summer even TALK to a guy like that? I wish it was me..

I grab Summer and put my arm around her and walked slowly into school thinking.

Why didn't she like me? Why can't she just see the feelings I have for her? If only she knew..

I walk into class, and sit at the back. The usual. Same with Summer, sitting right next to me. Everyone else slowly takes a seat. Our teacher, Mr Mason clears his throat.

"Excuse me students, we have a new student. His name is Dylan Ryhall. Summer, can you please sit next to Julie so Dylan can meet Jarrod and the boys? Thankyou."

WHAT!?!!?!

"But Sir!!"

"No buts Jarrod, he's new."

This year sucks already.

I swear I can see Summer staring at him..