thirteen

• Tiana's POV •

"So he just kissed you?" Arie asked in disbelief.

I nodded and shoved my textbooks in my locker. "Unexpectedly."

"Okay, but..."

"What?"

She bit her lip. "Was it good?"

"I wouldn't know," I laughed. "I didn't kiss back."

From a distance I could hear someone calling my name, I turned around, but saw no one. I shrugged it off and walked with Arie to my next class.

The call got particularly louder as I walked away. Annoyed, I spun around once more, only to find something that made me smile.

Grayson was behind me, quickly trying to wheel his way over. My annoyed manner almost immediately turned to happiness.

"Ti!" He yelled, despite being right next to me.

"Grayson," I cooed, attempting to hug him in the wheelchair, "hey! I missed you last week."

"You don't sound sick."

He's onto me, I thought to myself.

"Here," I said, going behind him and grabbing the wheelchair handles, "I'll push you to your U.S. Lit class."

He smiled at me sweetly, and I was reminded how much I missed tutoring last week.

And I don't know why, but while I was taking Grayson over, I couldn't stop thinking about Ethan kissing me.

It was such a fucking pussy move! He could've talked to me, or let me tell him off, but no, he just had to shut me up by kissing me! Kissing m-

"I did my homework all my myself on Saturday," Grayson blurted out. "Ethan wasn't home--" Gee, I wonder why. "--and mama doesn't like Algebra, so I thought of you and what you taught me."

My lips formed the biggest grin. "You put it in handy."

He nodded. "You're a smart cookie, Ti."

Once we reached his classroom, I wheeled Grayson in, and he slowly stood up out of the chair to walk to his seat. But instead, he spun around and wrapped his arms around me awkwardly.

He began to give me a hug.

...And then almost squeezed me half to death.

"Gray, hey, I gotta go to class," I reminded him while patting his back.

He released me from the hug and nodded. "You're the best tutor ever, Ti."

Grayson smiled and sat down in his seat.

But trust me, when I walked out of that room, he wasn't the only person smiling.

I strolled down to my fourth period class just revising all of the previous actions that have happened in the past two weeks. First, Ethan had yelled at me for trying to make his brother the smartest he can be in certain subjects (a concept he apparently was doing wrong). Then, I made the smart move to avoid the Dolan household to protect my small anger issues and push away from Ethan's jealousy.

Of course, that didn't work, because he kissed me, and now Grayson told me something adorable and gave me a-

"Cute hug," a familiar voice said from behind.

I slid around and saw Ethan. "What-"

He held his hand up to silence me and flashed a petty smile.

"I take him to class, Tiana. Like the helpful brother I fucking am."

And just like that, he opened the door of his class and walked out of sight.

•••••

heyyyy yall :) like always if u loved the chapter give it a vote n comment any feedback you haaaveee yadda yadda yadda i feel like a fucking youtuber when i say this someone make it stop please lol

- ash

***post authors note. not putting this in bold because it's kinda serious but recently something came up here on this app involving me. it's been bothering me nonstop for at least a week and has just overall made me feel incredibly uncomfortable. so, i might be taking a little break. i have a lot of pre-written chapters thank god so i WILL come on and publish them but i need to find my chill at the
moment. if you'd like to know what happened and we're close message me privately i'll tell you but for now . i will see y'all in a week or two :)