I Was a Soundcloud Rapper

Based on a true story...

No fr, i'm not even frontin'

this shit actually happened

In loving memory of my social life.

One day, I was cruising through snapchat. Just looking at the annoying ass 11:11 posts and selfies, until I came across a post that said "check out Lil Headband's new song on Soundcloud". I then decided to install Soundcloud and make an account just to see what this is all about. I looked at the dude's account and found out that he lived in Miami. I further figured out that he went to my school. I didn't even know that there were rappers at my school. In fact, there are quite a few.

I didn't know much about Soundcloud. I got excited when I found out that people can't make music and post it there. It sounded like a dream come true. I'm all about creating stuff and i'm all about creativity, that's why I got excited when I got Wattpad just a few hours ago. So, Lil Headband has 2 songs. "Spongebob" and "So Clean" or something like that. Bruhhh, they were both lit asf! The instrumentals and flow was good. Not the lyrics though, but who needs to be a good lyricist anyway. Lyricism was a big problem for me sooner in the story, keep reading to find out why.

Lil Headband inspired me! I didn't know that an average person can make such lit music. I was at my dad's house at the time, I spent Tuesdays - Wednesday's at my dad's house. I got on his crappy laptop and decided to do research for good instrumentals. Xxxtentacion was on the rise at that time, so I was kinda going for an X style. I wanted to scream in the song with a extremely bass boosted instrumental in the background. I wrote a song called "Beginner's Luck". It was pretty fucking wack, I'm not even going to share the lyrics 😂. I found decided that the Thomas the Tank Engine theme song ear rape edition would be cool and unique. I also wanted to mix some parts with a Chief Keef song instrumental. I started going to work. My dad's computer didn't have any apps for song making, until I had an idea. I tried making music on, I shit you not, fucking powerpoint. POWERPOINT my dude, POWER FUCKING POINT. This was because I recently did a school project on powerpoint and I found out that we could put music in it. I put the instrumental of "real mothaphukkin g's" by Eazy E in the presentation. I tried putting various sounds into a new blank presentation and clicking the buttons at the right time for when I want the Chief Keef beat to come in, and when I want the ad libs and my voice in. It was impossible... I gave up.

A few months later, I discovered that using nothing but Snapchat, I was talented at making album covers. Using a cut out of the Parental Advisory symbol, and many different cut outs, and a paint filter option thingy, I made pretty lit album covers. One day, I decided to post an album cover on my main on Instagram. It didn't have many likes, only like 30 something, but it had SOOO MANY FUCKING COMMENTS. Not even my most liked or funniest posts get so many comments. I haven't posted since then so I don't know if I just got 10x more popular in a month or something. The comment to like ratio was unbelievably. Like 1 comment for every 2 likes. Comments were either normal saying stuff like "🔥🔥" but some people thought I was dropping an album. I decided to go back in the game, this time using iMovie which I had and was a lot easier than Powerpoint, I don't know why the fuck I didn't use it at first. I got home, found a beat, and produced in a weird truck thingy my bitchass stepdad uses for his gardening job.

I found a Tower Beats instrumental. I thought it was so lit and I wrote lyrics to it. I called it "Beginner's Luck", but the way better version. It was simple lyrics. I talked about how I am just rapping for fun and fuck the haters, because I knew I will have haters and be made fun of for rapping, but I didn't let the haters stop me. I then started recording, I listened to it and got emotional. The shit was lit!!!! At least to me. At that time I was a big fan of old school rap and hip hop and I tried making music with at least a little lyrical content to it. I found a way to post it on Soundcloud, and the news quickly spread. I went by the name of  "Yung Wigga", and I had the homies saying "yo check out my dawg's song on Soundcloud". I was happy. I immediately went to work on a song. Xxxtentacion inspired, but I wouldn't be screaming. I would just be using the bass boosted instrumental.  During the process of making this, a homie hit me up to make a song.  We made it and called it "Don't Judge Me" I think. It had the 21 Savage "No Heart" instrumental. Cliche, but it went good with the lyrics. I then got to school. Jesus, people were hitting me up to collaborate, started talking to me more, someone even asked for my autograph. I posted the ear rape song and called it "Everyday". For some reason the quality was horrible and it was wack, but I didn't care. I had friends taking pics and showing me them putting my song in the cars and stuff. Along came the haters. I lost a few friends and got into some beef making these songs. I then posted a story rap using the Eminem Stan instrumental. I thought the lyrics were godly, but my flow and voice and quality made the lyrics sound wack. It was a sad song about Tom and Jerry. It talked about addiction, death, and it had a surprise ending kinda like Stan's, Tom committed suicide. I thought it was a really good song, just with bad quality. After that, a dude that was a small meh friend of mine got on my nerves. Not to the point of fighting him but I jokingly said things like "yo stfu before I drop a diss track on yo ass". Jesus Christ.

He kept calling me wack and he was even gonna rap and be serious and put mixtapes in people's mailboxes. I was doing comedy rap, people's favorite song was Beginner's Luck because it has a middle point where I said some funny shit. I decided to drop a diss track dissing every hater. Wow... I decided to get the Ether by Nas instrumental. I don't know why, but I felt different writing this song. Like I improved, like I knew what I was doing. The dude (not saying names) says if it was good which he didn't believe it would be, he would diss back. It's on. It was 6 minutes long!!! Even after scrapping like half of the song dissing other people. The last 2 minutes was talking tho. DAMN I WENT HARD ON HOMIE! To this date it is the best rap song I have ever done. I mentioned his ex, how he's a crybaby, physical reasons why he prolly has a small dick, everything had some truth in it. Since then we put that behind us and we're way better friends now. I regret dropping that track, I deleted it 3 days later. Sadly many people didn't hear it, and it was my best work. After that I deleted all of my music. Since then I've made 3 more songs which only I've heard, and I'm never going to drop them. Guys, here's a lesson, if you're ever going to become a rapper, talk about xanny weed bitches and booty like Lil Headband did. Don't do what I did. Follow him on Soundcloud tho, he's dropped hella new songs and a mixtape @lilheadband. Miami game strong 💪🏼. I still have my Soundcloud accounts but all the songs are deleted, but I still have secret access to them. I'm also roasted all the time because of this. I'm trying to get people to forget about my Soundcloud days. Hopefully when school starts they've forgotten. So yeah it wasn't a good reason to write this story, but I'm over here in sunset place writing this and it's almost nighttime. I need to get a better hobby bruh. I should get into a basketball or football team or something.

Hopefully you've learned something from this story.

THE END