chap. 23 (end)

Ethan's POV:

I couldn't be smiling more. As Mark gave me a huge bear hug, I was filled with happiness. I just kept on hugging him. Mark let go of me for a few seconds, and looked at me. He pulled me back into a hug and I started crying into his shirt. I just sobbed. I let out all the tears. The countless times I had to ignore Mark, the flowers he got for me, the numerous texts that I deleted before sending. I let it all out. Mark rubbed my back as I continued to bawl my eyes out. He gently leant his head onto mine, then leaned down and kissed it. I looked up at him, my eyes puffy and red from my many tears.

"Shh, don't cry. I'm right here," Mark whispered to me, wiping away my tears. His thumb slid across my cheeks and I no longer had tears on my face, only the streaks they left. Mark looked at me directly in the eyes.

"I will never let you go."

I was too mesmerized by Mark's chocolatey eyes to even speak. I just looked at him awestruck. I just love looking at his face and realizing that the beautiful person in front of me is my...

boyfriend?

That's where I was unsure. I mean, were Mark and I officially a thing? I guess not. Which brings me so much confusion it makes me just want to ask him. My thoughts are interrupted, however.

"I'm gonna go walk home, Mark." Sophie waved to us. Mark waved to her, but quickly turned back to me. Standing there, he explained everything.

"When you got the text, my little sister happened to be heading out from seeing some of her LA friends that day. I was gonna visit her, but she left early so she could meet you on the plane and convince you to let her stay with you. That way, she could make sure you stayed there for when I got there. I also wanted to be with you for the funeral, because I knew it would be a hard time. I missed your call because I was calling Sophie. Anyways, I needed to be here because there's a question I've been meaning to ask you." Mark looked deep into my eyes, then at the ground, then back to me.

"We don't have to tell anyone," Mark started to speak. "But I was wondering," Mark continued as he held both of my hands in his. He looked at them and held them tight.

"Would you, Ethan Nestor, be my boyfriend, officially?" Mark finally said it. His eyes met mine nervously as they danced around, glancing around the room.

"Of c-course, Mark!" I managed to stutter out. Mark bent down, and gently kissed me. I kissed back.

A few days later after the funeral, I was broken. Still, Mark being there made everything better. Once we got back to LA, Mark drove us home and we fell asleep, on the couch.

And Mark was holding my hand.

fin

a/n: yep. that's the end of the book. it has been an amazing journey with all of you and thank you so much. please be accepting of eachother. please hang in there. if i get enough requests i just might work on a book 2, but i'm not completely sure yet. make sure to check out my other books, including an ethan x reader, and follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/susieheree anyways, stay cranky! ily beans! <3

~susanna :)