【Their Beginning】

Authors Note: Listen up kids this is what happens when you have no life and forget what sleep is. You stay up all or most of the night writing a story. Btw if you see any word errors please tell me, thank you.

In a way, it was a happy but sad situation. My dad had gotten a job offer, but it was all the way from Kasama in Japan. At that time we lived in California. But it was my dad's dream to work in an art studio and with him already being 58 and only ever working a job he forced himself to like. So it was an amazing opportunity for those people to recognize my dad's talent and wanting him on their team. So without a doubt, we supported him and moved to Kasama.

Right now it's been about an hour and a half since we made it to the house. It was a regular modern Japanese house. I, of course, got the upstairs bedroom. I sat on my bedroom floor cleaning the lens of my camera's. My mother called me down and told me that the furniture wouldn't be delivered until later today and that she and my dad were going to go out to eat and I was free to wander about. Me not having my own car and no drivers license I had to walk on foot. But I didn't really know where to go so I ended up using my phone to try and google where I could find a nice place to take some photos. I ended up finding a place called Inari Shrine. I had never been to a shrine before so I was quite excited. Before I left I packed my camera bag and double checked everything was there. As soon as I was sure I was ready, I left.

It was very nice outside, light wind not too hot not too cold. It was perfect. I began taking pictures everywhere I looked. When I noticed a handsome young man asleep on a bench. I didn't want to be a creep but it would be a good picture, so I took a snap. As soon as I did a loud energetic voice fill my right ear "Hey hot stuff, oh god that was corny." The voice came from a young female, around my age, who backed away and started hysterically laughing. She had dark curly hair and a dark complexion along with dark brown eyes. I could tell there was some Korean in her but she looked as if she was also Hawaiian. "I know my brother's pretty good looking." She said starting to lean over my shoulder and I realize she was talking about the picture I had just taken. "Oh um, I'm sorry I'm not a stalker or creep or anything like that I just saw a good opportunity to take a picture!" I frantically started to explain my actions in the worry I might get locked up. But she just laughed at me. "Hey chill it's okay I know you meant no harm." She smiled and gave me a hard pat on my back, I smiled back awkwardly. "You're a foreigner right?" She suddenly asked and I gave her a nod and she went back to talking "Yeah had that gut feeling, you with your long blonde hair and pale skin not to mention your beautiful blue eyes! I just love them!" I chuckled at how much energy she had for it being early morning. "And you're new here I'm guessing?" I nodded again. "Oh well then let me show you around then! We'll get coffee first then, you down for that?" Her sudden suggestion threw me off guard "Y-yeah...sure that's fine with me." I stumbled on a few of my word. Her eyes seemed to have some weird shimmer when she smiled. "Oh, by the way, call me Cassie!" She gave me a wink and ushered me to follow her.

She ended up bringing me to a small coffee shop. It was warm and cozy and smelled of brewing coffee beans. I not being a big fan of coffee ordered a Hot chocolate. When the Lady brought my hot chocolate Cassie laughed and said "With that, you're going to end up falling sleep. It's still morning." I laughed with her, it's not like I couldn't disagree because hot chocolate was so warm and relaxing It could put anybody to sleep. Well until you accidentally burn yourself. I look up to see Cassie drinking her coffee with her eyes closed. The morning sun shined in on her making her glow she said the booth enjoying her coffee. "Don't move I'm going to take a picture." I quickly say and pulled out my camera and snap the picture. He quickly since found her coffee and yells at me excitedly "Show me show me!" I looked at her and sighed then handed her the camera. Her eyes grew wide so did her smile. "I love it! It's Beautiful! Can you take more?" I begin to slightly blush from the compliments and then was a little shocked for the sudden request. "I mean yeah if you want," I said a little awkwardly as I pulled out my camera. She started posing and I tried my best to hold in my laughs as I took her picture. I suddenly stopped as my phone went off. I carefully sat down the camera on the table and pulled out my phone to see there was a message from Mom. It read "Hey sweetie the furniture just got dropped off. If you wouldn't mind coming home and help us move it all in, your dad's having a little back problem." I sighed and looked up at Cassie "I'm sorry I have to head home. My parents need me to

help move some furniture." As I finished talking she gave me a weird look "You're going to move furniture with that small body?" She didn't say it as if to insult me it was more just in a joking way "Well-" she cut me off is I tried to speak "I'll come over and help! That's okay with you right?" I thought to myself thinking she would probably still come even if I said no. I looked up at her nodded. And again she gave me that smile where her eyes weirdly shimmered.