Maximum Ride Fanfiction- After the Split

What happened exactly, we don’t know. All we do know is that the sky split into two, and that were the only people left on Earth, I think. I guess I should be discouraged that I ended up not saving the world and all, but it’s kind of peaceful here, I’ll have to admit. After the split, we- me, Fang, Dylan, and Angel- took a minute to process everything that just happened, and then went to see if everyone else was ok. Yeah, some water got into the caves, but I think, other than being wet, everyone was ok. Good thing Dylan saw it coming with his “power” or whatever. Of course, the split totally destroyed out tree houses and everything else, so we had a lot of work to do. So, now, me, Fang, Angel, Nudge, Gazzy, Iggy, Dylan, my mom, Ella, and a few others that had survived, had rebuilt 30 of the tree houses, just enough to fit everyone if two people lived in each. It had been three weeks of building and trying to wrap our heads around the fact that we were the only people left on planet Earth. Wow, we should earn some kind of award for that. I flew up to my tree house. Yes, I said flew. 8 books went over this. I walked inside to find Fang and my mom talking. “Mom?” I said as I walked in the door. “Why are you in here?” I walked over to where they were sitting near the fireplace. “Well Max, we were just discussing the latest news.” My mom stood up and brushed off her pants. “Well, I’d better get going, I’m supposed to meet Ella and Iggy for lunch. Fang, why don’t you tell Max the news.” I walked over and hugged my mom. “See you later?” I asked. “Sure. We could make some chocolate chip cookies with what’s left.” She smiled awkwardly then started climbing down the ladder to get out of the tree house. “What did she mean, ‘with what’s left’?” I went to sit down next to Fang. “Well that’s the thing, we’re almost out of food, we have enough for a week at the most.” He pulled me into his lap. “Well what are we supposed to do about it?” I asked Fang. I guess I never actually considered the food would run out. “Your mom wants us to make a run to the real world to see if any food made it there.” He shifted on the couch. “Us?” I wanted to go, but I needed to know who was coming. “You know, the flock. But we haven’t told them yet. We were waiting to tell you first.” “Um, ok. But that doesn’t include Dylan, right?” Dylan was getting on my nerves with his ‘perfectness’. “No, he doesn’t have to come, he’s not part of our flock, and he doesn’t know yet.” I liked how he said ‘our flock’, it made us sound more like a family. And, I’m just assuming that Angel knows too, I think you know why. “So it’s a plan then?” Fang said getting up. “Uh, yeah. But don’t we have to tell everyone first? You know, ask if they want to come?” I got up after him. “Why wouldn’t they want to come?” He seemed confused, but I could barely tell with his black eyes and still face. I didn’t think that the flock would want to come, because they have a life here, and don’t want to leave. “No reason.” I said casually. I’m such a great liar. We jumped of the platform, and spread our wings. We had a flock to talk to. We flew to the caves.

I swooped downwards, and tucked in my wings. There was a thud when my feet hit the ground. I pulled my wings in closer to my back. Fang landed right beside me. We were right in front of the cave entrance. Ever since the split all the kids played in the caves because they had a lot of space. I started to walk inside. Fang didn’t mjungle gym from?” “You mean that?” she pointed at the jungle gym. “We built that!” She looked so proud, and I hated to rain on her parade, but I needed to talk to everyone. “Where is everyone?” I asked her. She squirmed out of my arms. “Gazzy is down here with me, and I think Nudge is at our house with one of her friends. I think they are doing each others hair and stuff.” She smiled. Angel and Nudge shared a house, Gazzy and Iggy shared one, and me and Fang shared the one connecting to my mom and Ella’s tree house. The connecting ones were originally meant for me and Fang, but since we all shared homes now, me and Fang lived together. “Ok, can you go get Gazzy, I need to talk to you guys about something.” “Oh yeah, the food thing. I’ll get him.” She skipped over to the jungle gym to find Gazzy. I didn’t know what to think of this, what if someone got hurt? I decided not to do anything about it, because they were having so much fun. Angel and the Gasman ran up to me, where I was standing at the front of the cave. “Hey Max!” Gazzy hugged me. “What’s up?” I explained the whole situation, and how I wanted them to go to the other part of the world with me. “Sounds fun!” Yeah, that’s Angel, everything dangerous fun to her. “Yeah we’re in!” Gazzy pitched in. “Ok, well lets find everyone else then.” “Ok!” We left the caves met up with Fang. “Where to next?” Fang came over and slipped his hand into mine. “Nudge’s house.” Gazzy said, then, with a running start, jumped about 8 feet into the air and spread his wings. Angel was next, then Fang, and then me. Flying on the island was so much fun. We didn’t have to go above the clouds so no one would see us, we were free. ove, so I turned around. “Fang? You coming?” I stared into his eyes. Nope, nothing, no sign of emotion at all. “Uh, I think I’ll hang back here. Come get me when you’re done.” “Ok, you sure?” I really wished that he would come, I always feel better with him at my side. “Yeah. I’m just tired, you know.” Yeah, I knew how he felt. “Ok, see you in a minute,” I smiled then kissed his cheek. I walked into the caves, and this is what I saw: A freaking jungle gym swarming with kids screaming and running around. “Tag!” I heard someone yell. “That’s not fair!” somebody else cried. I just stared. Wow, how long has it been since I’ve been down here? And where did the freaking jungle gym come from? “Max!” Angel screamed. She ran over to me and flung her arms around my neck. I hugged her back. “Um, sweetie, what’s going on down here?” I picked her up into my arms. “Oh, were just playing tag.” She grinned up at me. “Well, where did you get the jungle gym from?” “You mean that?” she pointed at the jungle gym. “We built that!” She looked so proud, and I hated to rain on her parade, but I needed to talk to everyone. “Where is everyone?” I asked her. She squirmed out of my arms. “Gazzy is down here with me, and I think Nudge is at our house with one of her friends. I think they are doing each others hair and stuff.” She smiled. Angel and Nudge shared a house, Gazzy and Iggy shared one, and me and Fang shared the one connecting to my mom and Ella’s tree house. The connecting ones were originally meant for me and Fang, but since we all shared homes now, me and Fang lived together. “Ok, can you go get Gazzy, I need to talk to you guys about something.” “Oh yeah, the food thing. I’ll get him.” She skipped over to the jungle gym to find Gazzy. I didn’t know what to think of this, what if someone got hurt? I decided not to do anything about it, because they were having so much fun. Angel and the Gasman ran up to me, where I was standing at the front of the cave. “Hey Max!” Gazzy hugged me. “What’s up?” I explained the whole situation, and how I wanted them to go to the other part of the world with me. “Sounds fun!” Yeah, that’s Angel, everything dangerous fun to her. “Yeah we’re in!” Gazzy pitched in. “Ok, well lets find everyone else then.” “Ok!” We left the caves met up with Fang. “Where to next?” Fang came over and slipped his hand into mine. “Nudge’s house.” Gazzy said, then, with a running start, jumped about 8 feet into the air and spread his wings. Angel was next, then Fang, and then me. Flying on the island was so much fun. We didn’t have to go above the clouds so no one would see us, we were free.