1

I'LL STATE IT IF WE'RE IN A SPECIFIC CHARACTERS POV. IF I DON'T THEN THAT MEANS IT'S THIRD PERSON POV. ALSO IF I'M IN THIRD PERSON POV THEN THAT MEANS THAT THE WORDS IN ITALICS ARE THE CHARACTERS' THOUGHTS. THANKS <3

Today.

Really.

Out of all days, today?

I thought I might just smile today but nope, not happening.

Maya enters her room, not really surprised by what she was seeing. Her best friend and her boyfriend, in her bed, doing the nasty.

Honestly, my life couldn't get more cliche than this

They clearly didn't notice her so she decides to throw boyfriends' (well ex-boyfriend now) shoe at them.

Her best friend Paige looks up, scared of what was about to happen.

But before anyone could say anything Maya leaves the room.

It's okay

It is all good.

But seriously out of all places, did it really have to be in my fucking room? On my bed?

Ughh

As she walks towards the library, she notices an ambulance parked outside the college doors.

Probably one of those damn druggies overdosing again

She takes her seat in a quiet corner and begins annotating her textbook. Maya's in her last year of college.

She works three part-time jobs and then also helps out the janitor one in a while for a little extra cash.

I mean, she has to pay off her tuition fees somehow right?

Her step-dad stopped pretending to care for her as soon as her mother died.

He told her, "Whats the point of caring for something like you? You've been nothing but a waste of time and money for me."

Those words made her wonder, Is he right? Am I truly not worth it? Should I just give up?

Ever since that day, Maya never managed to even smile again.

She would get a new boyfriend every other week or so and they'd always either run off or end up cheating.

None of that ever fazed her though.

Everyone always wondered how she managed to look so unbothered but in reality, she was breaking inside.

Bit by bit she wished that it could all end. She wished she could just jump off a bridge and slowly die as she drowns in the water.

In fact, Maya almost fantasizes about dying. She literally dreams of being able to get away from this wretched world.

MAYA'S POV

It's cold. But for some odd reason, I love it. The water around me changed to red from the blood seeping out of the ripped cloth on my arms. Finally, I did it. I slit them. I'm finally going to die now. I made one more cut but this one on my neck and then I let out a deep sigh.

ahh final--

"HELLOO?!?! MAYA! WAKE UP"

I felt someone hit my head from the back and I immediately get up knowing who it is. Oh god, first I lose my best friend  and now this guy wants to come and make it  worse.. what could he possibly want  from me

"Yes, Mr.Leona . How  can I help you?", I say sleepily.

"Man, I think that was one of my best dreams yet" , I think to myself.

"I think it's time we had a talk. Your grades are slipping, every time I see you you're always either asleep or staring off into space. You're also behind on the tuition fees. I can't let this go on any longer.", He says to me sternly.

"Mr. Leona I've explained my situation to you. I have no family and on top of that, I have to come here and then my three jobs to pay off my fees. I think you need to understand my  situation."

"How about I make it easier for you then?", He says to me.

He could tell by the look in my eyes that I was confused.

"Let me be blunt. I'm expelling you, Maya."

As soon as he says that my eyes widen, "No..I have nowhere else to go. Plus I need this education. Please Mr. Leona give me some more time please I'll do anything"

"I'm afraid I can't help you, Maya. The Board of Education has also gotten fed up. Besides, I've already given you too much time. You're going to have to pack your bags and leave by tomorrow or even today if that works.", he says as he looks down.

I can tell he didn't want to do this. I know he's a good man and he genuinely couldn't do anything about it.

"Okay,  it's okay. Thank you."

Before he could say anything back I run from the library and out the doors.  I throw my textbooks in the nearest trash can and then keep on running. Suddenly I feel tears forming in my eyes.

How come shit like this always happens to me?

I'm slowly losing all hope with my life and I wish I could run away from all this.

"You know what, FUCK THIS", I yelled as loud as I could and began running even faster.

I didn't  know where I was going or where I would end up and frankly  I don't care anymore. I've given up.

My vision gradually became more and more blurry, and the last thing seeing is a bright light and a loud, honking noise.

Back to 3rd Person POV

A huge crowd of people gathers on the sidewalks to see what had just happened.

The white SUV which was now stained with red from the blood was currently on fire.

The people inside were dead.

But Maya, her legs were underneath one of the tires and her head was bleeding immensely.

In the back, you can hear someone calling an ambulance. A  couple moments later, the police arrive along with the fire department and two ambulances.

They pull the people in the car out first and then move the car to get Maya out.

Gasps and screams could be heard coming from directions. A couple people where even crying.

Maya, who was only a couple hours ago perfectly healthy and glowing in her own cold way, now had severe bruises on her face and neck along with a dislocated shoulder and well her legs, they were clearly in bad shape with visible marks from the car tire that was on her.

The paramedics check to see if she's still breathing and his eyes widen when he feels small puffs of cold air coming out her mouth. He gives the others a thumbs up and says "She's alive, we need to get her to the ER as soon as possible." They hurriedly rush her into the abulance and start driving.

As soon as the crowd heard that, more people began crying and someone passed out.

The police was currently asking people what had happened and also keeping them away from the scene.

The fire from the car had been put out and eventually everyone had left.

Maya had finally done it. She had finally managed to put herself in a situation where she could die.

Now the question is, did she live or die?

---
OKAY SO THIS WOULD BE MY SECOND TRY OF A BOOK
ITS AN EXO FAN FICTION
THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE IN 30 VIEWS 3 COMMENTS AND AT LEAST 5 VOTES
THANKS <3