Prolouge

Pretty much a Prologue

       A strange ripple had shot out above the landscape-a flat plane of dark green moss- six of the seven orbs of light that were known to Vannaria were floating high overhead.  One displayed for all colors of your rainbow; excluding orange and indigo.   One was white and one was a solid black, and when raised it would shine night across the land.  It would leave the others that remained in the sky faint, lightly sparkling above the veil of darkness.  This allowed some light to be perceived at night time, although it is often discolored.  

 A girl had fallen from the start of the ripple.  A slew of profanity slipped from her lips, it was full of anger, fright, and a few words like "Orange" and "Apala".   She was obviously trying to stabilize herself as her body had spun erratically towards the mossy ground.  I could feel her efforts as if they were my own.   I heard it as she finally let out a yell of triumph.   Wings started to spread from her back as she did.   

  "Wings? She already has weasel's ears... she cannot have wings.  You're only ever one animal, what is she."  I heard from the mind of the boy in the cage beside mine.  I shook my head, and went back to thinking of the girl.  As I watched her, I saw that he was correct; she did have weasel's ears, and a tail that was longer than she was tall.  Her wings appeared furry at that.  "Black fur, no, Purple, they leave a blood red shadow on the grass as she covers the green orb." Loti's thoughts once again interrupted mine. 

 I once again looked up; it was to her eyes then.   They were complex, and extremely unique to my small knowledge of the world.  Strange crescents surrounded the iris.  These crescents made shapes similar to triangles above and below the circle that was the iris.  The triangles were colored a deep, sorrowful blue, with intellect hiding in the deep color.  The girl's iris itself was a royal purple, full of beauty and grace.  It was kept separate from the arcane blue with a thick ring of hunter green, a dark, grassy color that seemed to flow in such a natural way and was full of astounding curiosity.

 It was by those eyes that I realized she was not as young as she appeared; they were full of wisdom, and a deep history.  While her form, was that of an average girl on Vennaria, nothing odd about it besides that she was attractive.  Some might not like her; she had a rogue, forest dwelling appearance, like someone whose life has revolved mostly on the sense, of 'kill or be killed'. She had a well balanced figure that is what I had first noticed.  There was solid looking muscle, but not so that it was intimidating by itself. 

 I looked away as I realized she had probably not even noticed the encampment I was being held prisoner in.  I felt embarrassed over my fascination with the strange girl.  In fact she had noticed, as she was marking me in her mind 'A true beauty that one, A panther... Why is she in a cage?' Her thoughts screamed in fury at my imprisonment.  She rushed, with long leaping strides up to the red and orange striped tent.  I got quite a few images of what she wanted to do with the 'barbarians', The images overcame my own thoughts as she ripped their throats out with her teeth, not even bothering to grab one of her multitude of weapons she pulled up from their necks, wrenching their windpipe, arteries, and even a bit of lung out. 

 I shook my head, clearing it as more images from her mind tried to fight their way in.  These ones she did use her weapons, but in imaginative ways.  As she seemed to calm herself, I once again looked at her, my panther's ears swiveling to face her as I move my small golden skinned hands to the bars.  I was intrigued by the girl.  My black pixie-cut hair tickled my neck as I turned my head to watch her strut into the tent, plain intent to kill on her mind, and being transferred to mine.  'I'm going to find out why they have that girl in a cage!' Her mind declared in outrage.