Character Descriptions

Melody Caspian - At the beginning of the story, we come across Melody as a young mermaid. She is small in frame with a dark tail as well as dark hair. Her eyes are ocean blue, and her lips are pearl pink.

Tritanus Caspian - Tritanus is Melody's father. He is protective of his youngest and only daughter, Melody. He believes merpeople and humans should not have contact with one another, but has grown to like David Dawson after hearing that he'd rescued Melody from a fishing net.

David Dawson - The son of Captain Dawson. David has short brown hair with bright green eyes and a medium sized frame.

Michael Johnson - Michael is David's best friend and good friend of Melody. He doesn't know her secret at first but discovers her fishiness during a field trip.

Mr. Graves - A seaman through and through. He doesn't believe David when he says he saw a mermaid but later discovers that the boy had been telling the truth when he sees Melody emerge from the ocean with a tail.

Captain Alexander Dawson - An avid sea-captain and father of David Dawson. Captain Dawson is a tall man with a muscular frame and a short stubble on his chin & nose. He has brown hair and frequently wears his captain clothes while not on the water.

Annika Dawson - Annika was discovered by Captain Dawson on his travels around the world. He saved her from Human Trafficking Thugs and she believes she owes him a life debt. Alexander treats her as a daughter though she is usually seen cleaning the house despite Captain Dawson's urges to take it easy.

Mrs. Andrews - Mrs. Andrews was a mermaid when she was young, however, she gave up living underwater for a man she loved. Mione Andrews does her best to keep Melody's fishiness a secret, and she has her own secret as well. Mione is Tritanus' long lost sister who was separated from the royal family during a raid. She never found her way home and so lived on land with Killian Andrews, later falling in love and marrying him.