The Three Boys Of That Summer

California. Four syllables. Synonmy: The #1 place to flirt with cute guys. And I, Lilly Melly will be going there for the entire summer. And I'll be staying with my cousin, Jenna, the guy expert. Ever since I can remember she's been a guy expert. She always knows what to say, how to flirt, stuff like that. Maybe she can teach me a few more things this summer.

    Jenna's 21 and I'm 17, so we really understad each other. Ever since we were little we have been best friends. But, now we are grown up, and she moved an hour away to keep her job. I really miss her bubbly personality. She is always peppy and happy, and can turn any rain cloud into sunshine.

    I sit on my suitcase to make it close, when my mom walks in. "Need help?" She smiles.

"Hey, I'm trying to fit two and a half months of clothes in one suitcase, don't laugh at me."

"Alright, alright..." She throws her hands up.

"Can I borrow your suitcase? I don't think this stuff will all fit into one."

"I guess." She says, going to get it.  She comes back holding up the bright blue duffle bag in her right hand, and clenching something green in her left.

"What's that?" I ask, pointing to the green stuff.

"Three hundred dollars for you to spend this summer." She pushes it towards me.

"Mom, I told you I have five hundred saved up from working. I don't need this." I push it away.

"Honey, your a straight A student. You've put a lot of money away for college. You deserve this." She puts in on my table and exits the room.

    I finish packing, thinking about what she said. And I imagine myself in California with seven hundred dollars to spend. I like the idea.