Clearly Remember (for matheusmysteryBR)

Since matheumysteryBR asked for a Chans story, I decided to write this.

***

Sans could clearly remember.

He remembered the day when Asgore and Toriel first announced the newcomer of The Underground. The first ever human since the war. She was hidden behind Asriel, too shy to look at the other monsters there to greet her. But when Asriel coaxed her out of her timidity, Sans knew he wasn't the only one to awe at the human's appearance.

She was clothed in Asriel's spare garment, the sweater draping over her shoulders and the baggy pants held up by a belt. Even the boots were too big, making her already small frame seem even more petite.

But it wasn't her tiny demeanor that shocked the rather large monsters, but it was her face. Her body was devoid of any fur or hair, revealing peach-colored skin. Long brown locks tumbled from and off her head, framing a small round face and rosy cheeks. Her teeth were biting at her lower lip, tearing at the soft skin as she looked down at her oversized boots. A childish finger was twirling and untwirling a small strand of hair.

Asriel gently nudged her, and she looked up at the crowd with nervous brown eyes, a small tint of crimson visible in the irises.

"H-hello. My name is...Chara." She said. Her voice was simple and silvery, yet it cracked at being used for the first time after so much silence.

Sans remained silent, as well as the other monsters. There was no noise among the small civilization, not even a single breath could be heard.

And no one could blame them. A human, one of the very beings that had trapped the Monsters for all eternity, was standing right in front of them, saying hello. No one knew what to do or say, not even the Dreemur family. Everyone was at a loss.

So Sans decided to try.

"It's nice to meet you Chara." He yelled out. Immediately the monsters turned to face him, shock evident on their faces. Even the little human was in surprise, staring at him with those unusual eyes. But he could see that hidden in the stare and the small curve of her lip that she was glad he said something.

So he decided (again) to take the next step.

He teleported away.

Then appeared right in front of her, holding a giant bouquet of golden flowers.

"How did you?.." The human asked, eyes wide at the massive floral gift.

"Eh, doesn't matter." the skeleton replied.

The human looked up at him, and Sans could feel a little churn in his stomach. One he didn't know how to explain, but it felt...alright. He watched as she took the bouquet, and had to give some of the flowers to Asriel, the gift too big for her to hold alone.

"Th...thanks, mister..?" She asked.

"I'm Sans. And don't call me mister, I'm only a few years older than you."

*

Sans could clearly remember the day she came to his house.

He was just putting another note above the pile that had collected around his sock, when he heard a knock at his door. When he opened it, he saw the human, Chara, staring up at him. Her face was wrapped in a bright orange scarf, with giant earmuffs and mittens to match. She was fitted in better clothing, a small brown sweater that Toriel made herself and a pair of black pants. A very autumn style for the winter season.

But what should Sans know? It's always winter in Snowdin.

In all honesty Sans wasn't that surprised to see the Human here all alone. It has been some time since the announcement, and the monsters have grown used to the idea of a human living among them. Some have even grown rather friendly with her, wanting to show her the Underground and the positives of living here. But this was the first she was in Snowdin.